Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
    30 Rock is overrated. Alec Baldwin is funny, Tina Fey is good in Weekend Update lenth doses but she's not a leading lady IMO, and that retard in the trucker hat makes me change channels.

While I definitely believe that The Office will never meet or exceed the genius of Seasons 2 and 3, they've still been knocking out some damn good stuff lately. Not as consistently funny but still a GREAT show. Even though the whole plotline of Michael leaving was pretty dumb, they still did a good job with it. I thought it could be a Jump the Shark moment but it was pretty well done with some good humor. Ryan's not going anywhere (unfortunately) unless they take him off the opening credits (he's one of the 5 stars on a show that should only feature the other 4 sans BJ). Still, the scene of him stealing those bowling shoes was hilarious, reminded me of when he snapped and started egging that company with Dwight.

Parks and Rec is an ok show, not hilarious but still interesting and humorous at times. I'm giving it a change, since The Office was decent in its first 6 episodes but skyrocketed at the beginning of Season 2. I'm giving P&R some time to find its legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Even better than The Office?
    If you're talking about 30 Rock or P&R, then I would say clearly NO.

One of the funnier episodes I'd seen in a while. I laughed several times. The Dwight/Phyllis bit was the best.

I was just waiting for Toby to bust the coffee disco.

OT -- A police officer in my area was on the TV talking about a crime the other night. He was in his office. Off to the side was a Dwight bobblehead!!

RE: P & R: I watched it again last night. It was so-so. The problem, IMO, is Amy Poehler. She's not that funny.

Was the finale funny? I thought it had a couple funny MOMENTS, but was a bit dull.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Was the finale funny? I thought it had a couple funny MOMENTS, but was a bit dull.
    I laughed with Stanley watching/commenting on Holly and Michael's sketch, and when Dwight kept counting.

Pam is preggers. That was a pretty non shocking moment as it was bound to happen. I will say that Krasinski's acting in that scene was really fantastic.

But yeah, it was pretty dull/boring.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I thought it was really good. Dwight's friend was pretty damn hilarious. Has he been on before?
    Ah, I forgot! He had some great lines, but I liked how he and Dwight met..

and no, we haven't seen him before.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I laughed with Stanley watching/commenting on Holly and Michael's sketch, and when Dwight kept counting.
    Yep... that was pretty much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Pam is preggers. That was a pretty non shocking moment as it was bound to happen. I will say that Krasinski's acting in that scene was really fantastic.

But yeah, it was pretty dull/boring.
    I agree with you about Krasinski. His reactions to the news were so pure and real as was the look on his face when he called Dwight to send in the subs.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I thought it was pretty funny. Not one of the funniest episodes for sure, but still pretty good. I really expected the big shocker of a cliffhanger would be Jim getting into a fight with Charles. I kept hoping that he'd just haul off and punch the guy in the face (that's what I probably would have done; can't stand that a-hole...)

John Krasinski's reaction makes me wonder if they kept that part of the script hidden from him before filming? That always seems like a good way to get a great reaction in those types of scenes.