Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
    I watched last weeks episode, it was the first new episode I've watched since before Christmas. All in all I thought it wasn't very good. There were a couple of good lines ie. Cathy Bates telling Andy to take her dogs crotch sniffing as a "good sign" to which he said "I do" also the intro with Michael canceling his stay in Vancouver was alright as well. Was there anybody who didn't see Michael being the manager and Jim going back to sales? While the mid episode switch a roo was surprising it wasn't shocking and I figured how it would end in... well the end. While I won't say I've given up on the show I can see that point coming MIGHTY soon.

hey, welcome back Gloomy Gus !

Don't forget to include Roger Federer For Men, which you felt compelled to text me about on Thursday.

The previous week (Sabre) was a good lead-in to this one, check it out.

Ohh yeah Roger Federer For Men I liked that one as well. I'm sure there were a couple of more lines that I liked but have since forgotten as well but as I said before it was an overall weak episode.

Ok, I agree with you that it was predictable that JimJam would go back to Sales...BUT that's one of the things I liked about it. I wasn't too big on the co-manager storyline, so I'm glad they worked their way out of it. I wasn't too big on the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline either but since they wrapped it up quickly, I was fine with it. Basically, I don't want them straying too far from the earlier scenarios but I think it's tough to come up with new episodes without getting too far out there or getting too recycled.

Please don't give up on it, though.
    I really don't think they'll do more than another season, 2 at the most (?) so I plan on seeing this through to the end!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Please don't give up on it, though.
    I really don't think they'll do more than another season, 2 at the most (?) so I plan on seeing this through to the end!
    At this rate, I think that is pushing it. NBC is desperate for new fresh comedies. The Office has never been a ratings hit, but a critics darling. However, newer, fresher shows are taking that title away.

I laughed twice at last week's ep. Stanley always brings a smile to my face.

Only twice?

Maybe I should post the entire script and go line by line stating what I thought was funny...which was a lot...so I can get a better idea of what people think is NOT funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    The previous week (Sabre) was a good lead-in to this one, check it out.
    It was? That one was even lamer then last weeks imho.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    It was?
    To people with senses of humor, yes.
    David Wallace going out bat-**** crazy style???
    The Green Initiative storyline??? (I work in an office and that was strikingly familiar, in fact the week after Sabre aired, they were giving out metallic-y water bottles with my company's logo on it).
    Erin's "big box"?
    JAM and the daycare storyline?
    Christian Slater?
    Scranton Hot Dogs?

Damnit, I swear you are turning into the stillakid of Dunder Mifflin.

Meh and meh, some of those things were ok while others.... meh. The David Wallace thing would have been better on a regular character but instead we see that on a fringe guy. The daycare bit was the worst of the list imho.

Quote Originally Posted by 21b
    Damnit, I swear you are turning into the stillakid of Dunder Mifflin.
    So I presume that Jim would then be Smelly Boy?

Well, that was excellent tonight, definitely one of the top 2 this season (along with Niagra) and it was loaded with good bits...but I have to select the comment about "Toby's grundle" as literally a top 25 quote of the entire series.

happy birthday, Baby Halpert !