Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    I watched last week's episode again last night. Man, that is definitely one of the funniest episodes yet. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the opening sequence was classic. Michael going down the steps to the warehouse to get supplies.

Pam: "... With cream and sugar."
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

west coasters, watch out for spoilers:

Pretty decent episode tonight, not one of the better ones. The interaction at the Stamford branch was GREAT and Jim and Andy singing the Cardigans was hysterical stuff. I enjoyed the sub plot with Dwight and Ryan and how kooky was his cousin?!!? The egging and drinking was great.

Stanley and Michael teaming up for pretzels was great; their high five was good stuff.

but c'mon, the highlight was FINALLY Pam and Jim talking. It was great how they showed her talking on the phone and panned out to show his seat. and c'mon how fantastic was it that Pam confused "28 days later" with "28 days?!?" Awesome for SO MANY reasons.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Another great episode. Finally meeting Dwight's cousin Mose, Ryan and Dwight egging the building, Michael on the sugar high, and Stanley's obsession with Pretzel Day...I think I've found a new Office 'tar.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Probably the best episode of the season so far, all have been solid but this might be the best...kudos to B.J. for some great writing, once again proving he is "The Glue" of the show.

Man, Angela really turns me on.

From "Schrute Space"

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight
    Beets and Me

"It is difficult to believe how the hardy, crunchy often rough looking exterior of raw beets can be transformed into something wonderfully soft and buttery once they are cooked."
    -The Internet

"Beets have the highest sugar content of all vegetables, yet are very low in calories."
    -From a website

Varieties
    Ruby Red - early crop, flat to globular root

Detroit Dark Red - main crop, globular root
    Monogerm - single-seeded variety

Formanova - long tubular root

Crobsy Greentop

Red Ace

There are also golden beets. They are not made out of gold, but just gold in hue. I love the word hue. Why isn’t it used more? It only seems to be used in relation to the X-men, ie: Hue Jackman.

There are three sub-species of beet, The Sea Beet, the Beta Vulgaris and Chard. Chard is often called "swiss chard" because it is from Switzerland and the the swiss eat it like candy. I wish I could grow candy. But candy doesn’t grow on farms. At least not in northeastern Pennsylvania.

Here’s what they look like:

The enemies of the beet are the cutworm and the aphid. They are horrible. They eat and infest beets. They are of Satan. The black cutworm larvae is gray to dark brown above and has a greasy appearance. Faint light stripes run lengthwise down the body.

My great great grandfather Manheim cultivated Beets in Manheim, Germany. Some of the worlds greatest emporers and Czars have sipped Borscht made from the Beets of a Schrute. Then they wiped their Germanic lips and went off to conquer, warm tummies filled with my beet juice.

How does that make me feel? One word: Impotant.

Farming begins with the soil. That is why each day at dawn, Mose and I go to various points of the farm and taste the dirt. Literally. You can tell the PH and what I call the ‘loam factor’ with different parts of the tongue. Come to Schute farm at dawn and you will see the sillouettes of two lanky German farmers swirling dirt in their mouths as if it was a fine wine.

Do you have any beet stories or recipes or fun facts or pictures or lore, feel free to post below. Mose is known to read the responses and maybe he’ll learn something worth passing on to me, his cousin, Dwight.

by Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Probably the best episode of the season so far, all have been solid but this might be the best...
    I don't know Caesar, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I actually thought it was a mediocre episode and not nearly as good as the previous episodes so far this season. I plan on watching it again so maybe my opinion will change.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I don't know Caesar, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I actually thought it was a mediocre episode and not nearly as good as the previous episodes so far this season. I plan on watching it again so maybe my opinion will change.
    OH, don't worry, i agree with you here. It had its moments, but it wasn't the best episode of the season by far. I think that award goes maybe to last weeks episode or possibly the episode where Dwight got caught lying.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I watched it two more times already and I've decided it is indeed my favorite of the season so far. They've all been fantastic but 5 episodes in, I rate them as such:

1 The Initiation
    2 Gay Witch Hunt
    3 The Convention
    4 Grief Counseling
    5 The Coup

Hey Uke and Guy, I dedicate my current sig line to both of you.

I'm not so sure that it was the best episode of season III so far but it was good. It was nice to see some JAM interaction again... and what about Angela "coming out" a bit about her and Dwight!