Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    How awesome is it that a character as broadly drawn as Kelly still comes off as completely realistic? I have actually known girls like that in real life! I think I may have even dated one of 'em!

Thumbs down

It was a weak episode and the hour dragged. Too long for the subject matter of the episode.

Driving into the Lake was completely absurd.

Overall I give it a D.

This may be the early beginnings of what happened last year. First several episodes were weak and they finished strong.

I thought the episode was mediocre at best; easily one of my least favorite episodes of the series.

Creed was one of the very few bright spots.

Hopefully the show bounces back next week.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Well, Cae, you're definitely right about the polarization. For the record, I actually enjoyed this episode more than last week's episode.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    "This is THE LAKE!!!! THIS IS THE LAKE!!!!" Why the hell did Michael keep driving?
    To prove his point about technology.

I liked this one too, but I will be glad when they return to the half-hour format. Creed was the funniest, especially when he was asking about Red Bull.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The hour dragged indeed - this is a 30 minute show, and I've never been more convinced of that than after watching the second 60 minute episode. Not nearly enough funny for 60 minutes.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Best part: When Michael said he couldnt print new pictures becaue the printer was out of ink and the camera briefly panned to Creed........
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Okay guys, it was definitely a different vibed episode but I still liked it...and the three or four times I've rewatched it, it keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by vader121 View Post
    Driving into the Lake was completely absurd.

This may be the early beginnings of what happened last year. First several episodes were weak and they finished strong.
    Absurd, yes, but not as absurd as grilling his foot on a Foreman Grill.

I disagree on last year, I thought Gay Witch Hunt was a solid opener and The Convention was one of the best episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I thought the episode was mediocre at best; easily one of my least favorite episodes of the series.

Creed was one of the very few bright spots.

Hopefully the show bounces back next week.
    Creed was definitely great but I also liked Dwight and his coping with Angela's break up, some great work there by Rainn Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Well, Cae, you're definitely right about the polarization. For the record, I actually enjoyed this episode more than last week's episode.
    Me too, I liked Fun Run but thought this one was even better. I don't think these two episodes are among the best of the show's work but I don't want rehashes of old episodes...so I am curious about this current direction and am excited to see where it goes. Last year some fans disliked all the Stamford scenes but those are among my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    The hour dragged indeed - this is a 30 minute show, and I've never been more convinced of that than after watching the second 60 minute episode. Not nearly enough funny for 60 minutes.
    Well, I disagree on the principle of this show being a 30 minute show...cuz I like the long ones. On the matter of the 60 minutes thing, it's kinda odd because it's really noticeable when you get to the halfway mark for these because the show kinda "ends" halfway through, making it easy to chop into two episodes for syndication.

Still, you're saying that this wasn't funny enough for an hour, and Vader said that above as well, so I know what you mean. I disagree though, but I see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Okay guys, it was definitely a different vibed episode but I still liked it...and the three or four times I've rewatched it, it keeps getting better and better.
    I can't imagine watching that episode three or four times... once was enough for me.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I guess it's more fair for me to say that I take The Office best in 30 minute installments - that way I can accept some of the blame.

Still, I can't help but feel these first two season 4 eps just don't rate among the best episodes of the series. The pace has to pick up.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008