Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Michael is an oblivious idiot, so it doesn't surprise me at all.
    As Stanley pointed out a few episodes ago.

The season finale had me absolutely rolling with laughter. Best episode of the year is my initial reaction. I plan on going back and watching them in order over the next week or so, and I highly suspect my opinion will stay the same. Great, funny stuff.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    As Stanley pointed out a few episodes ago.
    Yeah. I kind of expected (hoped) that to be a revelation, of sorts, for Michael, but apparently it wasn't.

It did get Stanley to openly and publicly endorse what Michael does though, which was a victory on one front, I guess; even though it was not sincere. I forget the exact example, but I believe it occurred in this past episode during a meeting with him immediately agreeing with him. My mind is drawing a blank.

But anyways... Michael's character is a lost cause. Which I have accepted for a while now. No revelation, no matter how big, or how small, is going to change that.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    But anyways... Michael's character is a lost cause. Which I have accepted for a while now. No revelation, no matter how big, or how small, is going to change that.
    I agree with you! I actually hate the episodes that are too Michael-centric.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've always found the Office hit or miss. And post-strike episodes have been more miss than hit. A few good chuckles here and there, but that's about it.

The dinner party episode was the funniest post-strike ep, IMO.

I would've liked to have seen a post-dinner party episode with Michael kicking Jan out.

Personally, I'd slap the crap out of Michael. His antics would be too much for me.

So... would it be an army of you, me and Stanley?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I agree with you! I actually hate the episodes that are too Michael-centric.
    I'm ok with 'lots of Michael' but when he is over the top and just acting stupid I don't like it. see Wedding, Phyllis's

I think a lot of you folks seem to be missing the point with Michael - he's supposed to be stupid, and obnoxious, and immature, and annoying - he's Michael. If he were none of those things, he would cease to be true to the character. Any change he could possibly go through would completely undermine the character and his entire purpose on this show. If you're looking for a character who is intelligent, reserved, tactful, and mature I'd recommend looking somewhere other than episodic comedy. I'd start with the types of shows one might find on A&E or perhaps PBS.

I know he is supposed to be dumb. What I don't care for is when that stupidty takes over the entire episode, when that happens I don't like the show and I've actually fast forwarded through the intial viewing. See: Wedding, Phillys's

Michael is a grade-A idiot irregardless if he wants a kid or not. Even still there is no guarantee that Jan will let Michael raise her drive-thru baby. In fact I doubt she will. Anybody stop to consider the fact that Jan would rather have a drive-thru baby than one with Michael's genes? Doing that is a major insult to Michael and proves that she does think that Michael is an idiot.

What will happen next year is Michael will go to the classes with Jan because it may open up some funny moments but the act of it is ridiculous. It would be different if Michael was in love with Jan but he is clearly not and only wants the kid. Using Jan? Somewhat but I don't think that Jan will let him raise the kid and is in turn she's using Michael for companionship during the pregnancy.