Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 862
  1. #831
    Last night I was watching a show I dvr'd from the Hitler channel the other day called America: The Story of Us. I mention this because during a segment on the siege at Yorktown who showed up to play a soldier? None other then our very own Big Tuna! I was quite surprised and re watched it a few times to make sure. I searched the interwebs to confirm it but I can't. Did anybody else see this?

  2. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Just out of mere curiosity: are there any eps you DON'T like? Just wondering cos there have been some really awful eps that many folks have agreed on, but you seem to like nearly every episode. I'm just wondering what, if any, of these episodes, you don't like.
    Define "really awful."

    I've not seen a single episode get a predominantly "awful" rating by the peanut gallery of 'net nerds and personally I do not believe they've ever made an "awful" episode. Possible exception for "The Banker" which I think was rather unnecessary (as I'm not a fan of clip shows) but I liked that they worked a bit of plot line into it, lazy as the episode was. Another bonus point for adding that guy from The Wire (actually the second guy from The Office since Charles Minor came and went).

    I'm curious to know who these "many folks" are. I do think they have made some very average and at times relatively mediocre episodes but there hasn't been a single episode that failed to make me laugh at least a few times over the half hour. Plus I am invested in the characters, so I like to follow some of the plot lines that carry over from show to show.

    I understand that people have different tastes, which is fine, but if you look at Office Tally (for example) you'll see that the same episodes which bring out the complaints in some people are the same episodes that prompt other people to note what they enjoyed and found funny in the very same episodes.

    The only thing "really awful" that I can associate with The Office is the awful show that airs after it, 30 Rock. Speaking of bad judgment in show quality, I find it amusing that The Office fell from grace with critics and awards, only to be replaced by that POS 30 Rock as the soup de jour.

    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    There have been some episodes I didn't like, or at least that I felt were missteps within the series, but I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same show as some of the folks here.
    Agreed 100%. Sometimes the things others pick apart, I shake my head and wonder where their sense of humor went. Actually I think it's ADD, people these days can't stick with a show more than a few years. That's not to say I like everything about the show, but the good far outweighs the bad IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I read today that when asked how long he'll be on the show Steve Carell said he will likely be done when his contract expires at the end of next season. 2-1b has been notified.
    Fine with me, of course I don't WANT the show to end but I wouldn't have been surprised if they stopped after 5 seasons, so I'm just enjoying the rest of the ride while it lasts. Right now I would probably rank season 6 as my least favorite (although Niagra and a few others are among my top 20 episodes) but I don't think the show has jumped the shark yet, so if they give it one more season and wrap things up, I'll be happy with it going out that way.

    I thought tonight's episode was nothing special, but decent. Dwight's storyline was pretty good, rather Dwight-like of him. The Jim and Pam stuff was good, I liked the awkwardness with Pam's shtick and the two of them not being on-board. The minor characters like Creed, Phyllis, Angela, and Kelly had some good bits (not much from Nard Dog, though). The Mike Scott stuff was a mixed bag, sneaking that mint was great but overall his pursuit seemed to drag on a bit. Maybe he should've busted out Date Mike to spice things up. His use of the word "sex" in his presentation was classic.

  3. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B
    I've not seen a single episode get a predominantly "awful" rating by the peanut gallery of 'net nerds and personally I do not believe they've ever made an "awful" episode. Possible exception for "The Banker" which I think was rather unnecessary (as I'm not a fan of clip shows) but I liked that they worked a bit of plot line into it, lazy as the episode was. Another bonus point for adding that guy from The Wire (actually the second guy from The Office since Charles Minor came and went).
    I'd like to enter into the record as an answer to the above question: Wedding, Phyllis's

  4. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I read today that when asked how long he'll be on the show Steve Carell said he will likely be done when his contract expires at the end of next season. 2-1b has been notified.
    With how mediocre the show has been this season, he might as well leave now. I think he's a talented guy, but if he's under the impression he's a movie star, he's sadly mistaken.

  5. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I'd like to enter into the record as an answer to the above question: Wedding, Phyllis's
    Motion denied because
    a) I watched it a few months ago and it was awesome.
    b) You didn't even watch it all, so how would you know if you missed anything funny?

  6. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Motion denied because
    a) I watched it a few months ago and it was awesome.
    b) You didn't even watch it all, so how would you know if you missed anything funny?
    1)I haven't so I'll just skip to...

    2)I DID watch it (once the day after it originally aired) however I found Michael's shennigan's painful so I (yes) fast forwarded during parts of it. So did I watch it? Yes. Did I watch it 'normal' speed. No.

  7. #837
    3) You need to watch it again before my wedding, as one of your duties will be to enforce Schrute-like crackdowns on potential wedding crashers.

    4) You suggested a "really awful" episode from season 3, when I think that the vast majority of complaining from net nerds 'round the web involves seasons 6 and 5 (and to a lesser extent, parts of season 4), so it's not applicable here.

    5) Take care, Sir.

  8. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    3) You need to watch it again before my wedding, as one of your duties will be to enforce Schrute-like crackdowns on potential wedding crashers.

    4) You suggested a "really awful" episode from season 3, when I think that the vast majority of complaining from net nerds 'round the web involves seasons 6 and 5 (and to a lesser extent, parts of season 4), so it's not applicable here.
    I said an episode from season 3 was bad? Hmm I don't recall off the top of my head any 'stinkers' from that season, I guess I'll have to do some investigating work and get back to you. As you said the more recent years have had the 'questionable' episodes.

  9. #839
    I was talking about "Phyllis' Wedding" - it's from Season 3.

  10. #840
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    I was talking about "Phyllis' Wedding" - it's from Season 3.
    I didn't realise that... my bad. I'll amend my above post and say that there is (at least) one episode in Season III that sucked.

    I'd like to double back and address something you said before...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-1b
    3) You need to watch it again before my wedding, as one of your duties will be to enforce Schrute-like crackdowns on potential wedding crashers.
    When you asked me to stand up in your wedding (last year?) there was NOTHING mentioned about 'Schrute-like crackdowns' so if you want to add those duties I think you'll have to up the ante if you know what I mean.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO