Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    When you asked me to stand up in your wedding (last year?) there was NOTHING mentioned about 'Schrute-like crackdowns' so if you want to add those duties I think you'll have to up the ante if you know what I mean.
    Ok, you can have the honor of cutting off my tie...in an homage to Halpert's wedding.

So...getting back to a group discussion...if season 7 is the last season, how do you want the series to end?
    Personally, some of my all-time favorite shows don't have a good track record of going out on a satisfying note. For example:
    1) The Sopranos - sudden cut to black
    2) Deadwood - canceled after the fact, between seasons
    3) Seinfeld - cast goes to jail for a whole year
    I don't have a firm idea in my head but I'll think of something...hopefully they'll include the end of the contract for the documentary crew, maybe give us a bit of backstory on why they were being filmed in the first place? Or maybe they'll not address it at all...may not want to reference the documentary in the first place. Hmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B View Post
    Ok, you can have the honor of cutting off my tie...in an homage to Halpert's wedding.
    Done and done.

Last night I was watching a show I dvr'd from the Hitler channel the other day called America: The Story of Us. I mention this because during a segment on the siege at Yorktown who showed up to play a soldier? None other then our very own Big Tuna! I was quite surprised and re watched it a few times to make sure. I searched the interwebs to confirm it but I can't. Did anybody else see this?
    I watched that yesterday and I think I see the guy you're talking about, but that's not Krasinski. I think we're both thinking its the Plum Mitchell character, right? He looked alot like Krasinski, but that wasn't him.

And Cesar, I see what you're saying. I'm just having trouble believing a lot of Michael's hijinx and whatnot over the last few seasons. It crosses a line into idiocy and obnoxiousness that hurts the character. I liked michael because he has a good heart, but he tried almost too hard and would mess up. He just seems to do stuff that makes him borderline handicapped. But to each their own!

and yes, Phyllis' wedding is the worst episode ever. I still can't watch that.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I watched that yesterday and I think I see the guy you're talking about, but that's not Krasinski. I think we're both thinking its the Plum Mitchell character, right? He looked alot like Krasinski, but that wasn't him.
    I don't remember the character name, I presume that is the one.

and yes, Phyllis' wedding is the worst episode ever. I still can't watch that.
    Thank you sir.

I read recently that they (producers etc) are planning on continuing on after Steve Carell leaves the show. Personally I don't like this idea at all.

I read recently that they (producers etc) are planning on continuing on after Steve Carell leaves the show. Personally I don't like this idea at all.
    I have to agree. I thoroughly enjoy seasons 1 - 3, but since then the show has been running on an empty tank. If it weren't for the fact that it won Emmys early on, the show would've been cancelled by now.

FYI, I watched Thursday night's ep (hadn't seen it before) and didn't laugh at all.

Season 7 has been fantastic so far, all 4 episodes have been very solid. Tonight's felt like a Top 25 episode for me, can't wait to re-watch it. Michael and Andy both had hilarious plotlines and Dwight is back in top form, it's like watching vintage Dwight.

Season 8 without Michael Scott doesn't sound like a good idea to me...but so far I am really enjoying this new season.

Wow first post in this thread in 6 months and with only 2 episodes left with Michael (I think).

Threat Level Midnight was awesome, the Proposal episode was ok, last weeks with Will was decent and Michael's Last Dundies looks good as well. Good to see the writers can pull out a decent episode every now and then.

Some of the Holly stuff seemed a bit rushed once AJ left the picture, but I guess they only have to much time left to tell these stories. It's still been pretty solid otherwise. I was worried that Will Ferrell's inclusion was going to take too much of the focus off of Michael's departure (making it more about Steve Carell than Michael Scott), but luckily that doesn't really seem to be the case so far.

I like that Michael is moving to Colorado, though. Maybe he'll be my new neighbor.