Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    SW Zombies? Wow, talk about jumping on the bandwagon. That deserves special recognition for its lemmingesque cliff-walk-offing. Holy crap is that going to be lame, it'll fit great with Teras Kasi.

I am a fan of the Resident Evil games, so I am going to give it a fair chance. If it is well written and creepy, it should be fun.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Zombie stormies?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The EU is getting more and more pathetic. Actually decent stuff like that cruisemissle fanfic doesn't get published but fu*king zombie stormies do?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Still looking for RF #4. Two different bookstores and zilch. The search expands.
    And yet I can find RF4 easily, but no such luck on Secret Missions. Still waiting to see if I get a discount coupon to buy the paperback of TFU (worst... EU... ever... almost.).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm a couple chapters into Deathtroopers. It's short (265 pages including three chapters of Outcast).
    "That's what Sheev said."

The library had a copy of Fate of the Jedi: Omen on the shelf. I checked it out. It's hard getting in to. I don't know if it's the writer's particular style or what. I've never read anything by this author before. I'm on page 60 something now and will continue plugging away.

I haven't picked up Deathtroopers...yet. Between the Borders rewards bucks I have and some nice coupons now until Christmas, I think I can get it at a decent price.

It's the author. I think all first timers now struggle. That's why they go the relay arc route now. The more established ones can fix or carry them for a bit.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I'm at the 100-page mark and it has picked up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    SW Zombies? Wow, talk about jumping on the bandwagon. That deserves special recognition for its lemmingesque cliff-walk-offing. Holy crap is that going to be lame, it'll fit great with Teras Kasi.

Lol, Teras Kasi!! That's old skool terrible!! Props on that one.

Seriously, they are gonna do the same thing with Star Wars as they did Star Trek. They are gonna wait until the creator (roddenberry/Lucas) dies, and then REBOOT the whole thing.

Trust me. It's gonna happen. Hopefully when they remake it Greedo shoots first and we don't mention (puke) midichlorians. Hopefully Lucas will die soon so someone can undo the damage he has done to the franchise over the last 10 years.

Of course, that opens the door for a film about George Lucas and Gene Roddenberry returning from the dead as film making zombies who won't rest until they get all the cash from our wallets. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by elvandrik View Post
    Trust me. It's gonna happen. Hopefully when they remake it Greedo shoots first and we don't mention (puke) midichlorians. Hopefully Lucas will die soon so someone can undo the damage he has done to the franchise over the last 10 years.
    Doubt it. Lucas is a notorious control freak. This is probably spelled out in his will. I also doubt that the heads of the Licensing department could sell this too him anytime short of diagnosed senility/dimentia.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Doubt it. Lucas is a notorious control freak. This is probably spelled out in his will. I also doubt that the heads of the Licensing department could sell this too him anytime short of diagnosed senility/dimentia.
    It doesn't matter how much of a control freak you are once you're dead. The living can do whatever they want with the rights they own.

The redux will occur when it sems SW interest is dying down, and they'll remake it to renew interest a la Star Trek.

Hell, I'd even bet that Lucas might even do it while he's alive to make a few extra bucks. That's all special edition was. Lucas is more about $$$$ than protecting the integrity of his work. I doubt he re-released the original trilogy just so he culd have Greedo shoot first..........follow the money trail.