Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Darn it! I want to be through with toy collecting by the time I'm over 100 years old.

Those motorized shopping scooters can't keep up with the power-walkers who turn around and scalp stuff on eBay.

Plus, if by then they finally make the Tonnika Sisters action figures, I may wet my Depens.

I'm very disappointed by Legacy being brought to an end and posted on Dark Horse's message boards my request to keep it alive. I first learned of this from Jan Duursema herself.

Rest assured, she'll very likely still be contracted with Dark Horse to draw Star Wars. However, her next project might have nothing to do with Cade Skywalker.

I'd like that storyline to continue myself, as much as I'd also like to see her draw for Star Wars: Invasion.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Honestly, I'd much prefer Duursema drawing something SW that doesn't involve Legacy. I dig her artwork. Legacy itself, not so much.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Honestly, I'd much prefer Duursema drawing something SW that doesn't involve Legacy. I dig her artwork. Legacy itself, not so much.

Same here. I had a chance to talk to her once, a very nice and talented lady

I'm not really a fan of Legacy....I was a big fan of all those Clone Wars(not the cartoon) era comics, so I'd like to see Dark Horse do something like that....Reviving SW Tales would be awesome too, but not holding my breath.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

When I get around to it (or a Round Tuit ), I'll put the upcoming books through about October. The fiction is so-so, and some BAD ones (i.e. a SEQUEL to the worst SW EU novel, The Force Upchucked ), but there are some great source ones (a Making of ESB and another I fail to recall now, maybe the SW:By the Year one).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

It's now Round Tuit time, apparently.

Fate of the Jedi: Vortex (T.Denning) Dec. 7
    Lego Brickmaster Star Wars (DK Publ.) Nov. 1
    SW: Visions (Acme Archives... hardcover available Oct. 1) Nov. 1
    Defenders of the Republic (R.Valois) Oct. 28
    Villians: A Pop-Up Storybook (?) Oct. 28
    Deathtroopers (paperback) Oct. 26
    SW: Gentle Giant Archive (J.Duncan & J.Fordham) Oct. 26
    Making of SW:ESB (J.Rinzler, hardcover) Oct. 12
    The Force Un[loved] II (S.Williams) Oct. 5 Why?
    Star Wars Craft Book (B.Burton) Sep. 28
    Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (paperback) Sep. 28
    Sounds of SW (J.Rinzler) Sep. 22
    Adventures in Hyperspace #3 Sep. 1
    SW: Year By Year (D.Wallace) Aug. 16
    Wildlife of SW (paperback) Aug. 2
    Secret Missions #2: Curse of Black Hole s (R.Windham) Jul. 22
    SW: Old Republic, Fatal Alliance (S.Williams) Jul. 20
    Clone Wars Gambit: Siege (K.Miller) Jul. 6
    various '11 SW calendar stuff Jul. 1
    Fate of the Jedi: Abyss (paperback) Jun. 22
    Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia (DK Publ.) Jun. 21
    Adventures in Hyperspace #1 [Fire Ring Race], 2 [Shinbone Showdown] (R.Windham) Jun. 1
    Fate of the Jedi: Allies (C.Golden) May 25
    Fate of the Jedi: Omen (paperback) May 25
    Rise & Fall of Darth Vader (paperback) May 1
    Rebel Force #6: Uprising (A.Wheeler) May 1
    Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (paperback) Apr. 27
    [while I don't ever remember #1-3...] Lost Tribe of the Sith #4 (e-book) Apr. 27

Get your store coupons and gift cards together!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Some of those titles sound somewhat interesting.

Here are some more additions to the SW books coming out.

Fate of the Jedi: Backlash (paperback, Aaron Allston). Jan. 25, 2011
    Red Harvest (hardback, Joel Schrieber). Jan. 25, 2011
    Could You Survive on Tatooine? (paperback, DK Pub.). Jan. 17, 2011
    Feel the Force (paperback, DK Pub.). Jan. 17, 2011
    Secrets of the Jedi (hardback, DK Pub.). Jan. 17, 2011
    Old Republic: Deceived (hardback, Paul S. Kemp). Dec. 28, 2010
    Lightsabers (paperback, Scholastic). Dec. 1, 2010

I got to Clone Wars Gambit: Siege, which was a sequel to CWG: Stealth. Aside from the "flux capacitor" line and far too much healing by non-healer Jedi, it was a good read. Still making me wonder if the fate of Ahsoka will ever be shown in cartoon or book form.

Also picked up the CW: Encyclopedia, which looks nice, as was relatively inexpensive.

I picked up Secret Missions #2 and the CW Illustrated Character Guide last weekend. Used the Borders coupons.

The character guide is cool. A lot of great pix of minor characters you might've forgotten or just glimpsed in the series.

I just learned that Ackmena Maude Zvornak is still alive and active during the Fate of the Jedi series.

This seems like a problem to me. Why? She should be dead.

I'm not at all saying it's tasteless to include her because the actress who protrayed her passed away recently. I'm basing this on evidence from the films and Holiday Special.

The Star Wars Holiday Special takes place shortly after ANH, in the 3-year gap between ANH and ROTJ. Ackmena in the Holiday Special is visibly older than Mon Mothma appears to be in ROTJ, at least a year (maybe as many as three years) later.

Mon Mothma died of old age shortly before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

So how is Ackmena in good enough shape to take an active role in anything many years later? It simply doesn't make sense, since they're both known to be human.
    Tommy, close your eyes.