Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Star Wars Holiday Special takes place shortly after ANH, in the 3-year gap between ANH and ROTJ. Ackmena in the Holiday Special is visibly older than Mon Mothma appears to be in ROTJ, at least a year (maybe as many as three years) later.
    Aren't you, uh, forgetting some movie?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just learned that Ackmena Maude Zvornak is still alive and active during the Fate of the Jedi series.

This seems like a problem to me. Why? She should be dead.

I'm not at all saying it's tasteless to include her because the actress who protrayed her passed away recently. I'm basing this on evidence from the films and Holiday Special.

The Star Wars Holiday Special takes place shortly after ANH, in the 3-year gap between ANH and ROTJ. Ackmena in the Holiday Special is visibly older than Mon Mothma appears to be in ROTJ, at least a year (maybe as many as three years) later.

Mon Mothma died of old age shortly before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

So how is Ackmena in good enough shape to take an active role in anything many years later? It simply doesn't make sense, since they're both known to be human.
    I read somewhere that old age in the Star Wars universe is somewhere around 140 years old. I think it was in reference to Han Solo being around 75 during the Vong Invasion or just after. So if she is 70 between ANH and ROTJ, and FOTJ takes place roughly 40 years (guessing) after ANH, then it is she techincally would be 110 years old, which is plausable.

However it doesn't explain the fact that Mothma died of old age around 90 years old.

We might have to chalk it up to the bottom line is still the almighty dollar.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Pelleon [sp?] lived to around 90, too.

Troy McClure thinks she should be laid to rest, as well.

I recalled seeing the name in Allies IIRC, but figured (hoped?) it was just a passing homage (like the "Battle of Tanaab" comment) rather than another character to develop.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Pelleon [sp?] lived to around 90, too.

Troy McClure thinks she should be laid to rest, as well.

I recalled seeing the name in Allies IIRC, but figured (hoped?) it was just a passing homage (like the "Battle of Tanaab" comment) rather than another character to develop.
    wasn't Mon Mothma also poisoned in the Eu world...can't remember really.

Pelleon was murdered by Tahari so he couold have lived longer had ne not been killed.

as far as Ackmena, i think it's a homage and nothing more...i doubt they will build up the character in the stories other then a quick comment or bit part..
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Mon Mothma was poisoned, I think in the Kevin J Anderson Jedi Academy Trilogy, but recovered. The New Essential Guide to Characters says she died of old age, though I suppose it is possible the poisoning shortened her lifespan.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Whenever Leia became New Republic Head Mistress Chancellor Leader is when Mon Motha' was slipped a mickey; after MM recovered she told Leia "I'm too old for this ****" or something and Leia decided to take over for her.

I'm about a quarter through the next video game-based novel The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance and it's nowhere as awful as TFU was at this point. It's slow, but that's to build to something dramatic that would be clearer in the game itself, I guess.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Finished OR:FA and it wasn't too bad; in fact, the last couple chapters plus the epilogue made the book worthwhile. Only problem I had, and I realize this was based on a video game which requires certain game-play options, was since it's supposedly set around 3000 years BBY, the technology is not what I expected from that era. Much too advanced. But Williams "hid" the game situations within the storyline MUCH better than TFU had.

Finished CW Gambit: Stealth today. Not too bad.

Spoiler:

I wasn't expecting it to be a cliffhanger. I have the next book in the series but am taking a break.

As previously stated, I thought the book was good, but it dragged just a bit when Obi-Wan and Anakin first arrived on Lanteeb. After they found the scientist, it picked up again.

Not sure if these were on my previous reply; if so, ignore them.

The Academy (hardback, author? 8/4)
    FOTJ: Allies (paperback, C.Golden 4/26)
    Jedi Adventure in 3-D (paperback, P.Hildalgo 4/14)
    Old Republic: Deceived (hardback, P.Kemp 3/22)
    FOTJ: Backlash (paperback, A.Allston 2/22)
    SW: Mysteries of the Jedi (hardback, DK Pub. 2/21)
    Secret Missions #3 (paperback, R.Windam 2/17)
    SW: Knight Errant (paperback, J.Miller 1/25)
    Could You Survive on Tatooine? [or Tatooine Adventures] (hardback, DK Pub. 1/17)
    Feel the Force (hardback, DK Pub. 1/17)
    Red Harvest [or Black Orchid] (hardback, J.Schreiber 12/28)

Update of more EU:
    6/21/11 - 20th Anniv. Ed. Heir to the Empire (Zahn... really? 20 years? )
    6/20/11 - SW Ultimate Duels (DK Pub.)
    5/17/11 - FOTJ: Conviction (Allston)
    4/26/11 - FOTJ: Allies (Golden), paperback
    4/26/11 - Holostar (Reaves)
    4/18/11 - Battle for the Galaxy (DK Publishing)
    4/18/11 - CW: Boba Fetta Jedi Hunter (DK Pub.; according to B&N.com's search, is that too cheesy?)
    4/12/11 - Old Republic 1: Threat of Peace (Sanchez, et al)
    3/30/11 - SW Generations: Inside Fan Phenomenon (Franklin)
    1/28/11 - SW Infinities (hardcove?r... is this a collection of the comic?)
    11/1/10 - SW: Visions Limited Ed. (Rinzler... at $270?!?
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 10-22-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Found a couple more