Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    The Sith do cloud the future with their dark side powers, you know. Always in motion, the publishing world is.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Looks like the Darth Plagueis novel is coming after all, on December 27. I always like Luceno's books and I've been interested in this story since it was brought up in ROTS. I want to know more, but I also like some of the mystery, so hopefully this one is good.
    I think it's an interesting character and era to explore. I'll definitely read it.

Special ordered Secret Missions #3 this week. It should arrive at my house in the next week.

I started the newest Zahn SW novel, Choices of One today. It's set in that wonderful ANH-ESB gap, and based on the first three chapters; Thrawn, Pelleon, Mara, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Rieekan, Palpatine, and (maybe) Vader appear (he's only referenced now). The story also brings in some aspects of Zahn's most-recent SW book, Allegiance, too. I like it so far. It's on sale at your local bookseller (perhaps even on sale at Borders ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I started the newest Zahn SW novel, Choices of One today. It's set in that wonderful ANH-ESB gap, and based on the first three chapters; Thrawn, Pelleon, Mara, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Rieekan, Palpatine, and (maybe) Vader appear (he's only referenced now). The story also brings in some aspects of Zahn's most-recent SW book, Allegiance, too. I like it so far. It's on sale at your local bookseller (perhaps even on sale at Borders ).
    I saw it at Waldenbooks today for 30 - 40 percent off, with the Rewards program. I might have to pick it up.

One of Timothy Zahn's best abilities as a writer is the pacing of his books; I started Choices of One yesterday afternoon, and finished it late this morning. Can we get a "cantputitdown: emoticon? Since it's so newly published, I won't post any specific details (all or most would be spoilers), but I will create a top ten list (LISTS... :drool: ) of his novels soon.
    Ya'know what? How 'bout now?

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN TIMOTHY ZAHN SW EU BOOKS:
    10.All his Tales of... short stories (just to complete the Top 10)
    9. Specter of the Past
    8. Vision of the Future
    7. Survivor's Quest
    6. Outbound Flight
    5. The Last Command
    4. Allegiance
    3. Choices of One (maybe it's just its "new book smell," but I really liked this one)
    2. Heir to the Empire
    1. Dark Force Rising

And the best part that I will post about, is that the story ends with definite possible future storylines! Plus, since Luke, Leia, Han, Vader, Chewie, et al are still alive (and younger) in this time period, it'll have more of Zahn's capture-the-excitement-of-the-Classic-Trilogy style, too.

The is one more book in the Fate of the Jedi series. Hooray? I finished Ascension, the penultimate book, and Christie Golden is an underrated SW author, IMHO. There were some surprises (one which made me read two more chapters to determine if what I read was legit, and another that made me re-think my predictions for the series end) and the action was smooth at times and dull at others (food for Senator gatherings? room designs?). It was decent.

I'm a couple of books behind in this series, but the library has been getting them.

I got the newest coffee (caf?) table book, SW Art: Comics, with a good coupon deal. I like seeing the old Marvel art, but the DH and painted covers are great, too. Not much description or background of each piece of art though, aside from the date/media/size/original source/artist label.

I am loathe to admit it, but the creator of the former comic / book review phenomenon Rogues' Gallery is out of the loop on SW books.

I do know about Darth Plageuis and I cannot wait! I love Luceno's books.

But in writing my own American Civil War novels and pursuing being published, supporting several new friends I've made during the course of my learning process and their works, I've barely had time to read for pleasure.

I delve into a lot of Civil War non-fiction for my research - and it's fascinating.

But I am keeping up with several SW comic titles as they're quick reads: Invasion, Vader, Qui-Gon, Boba Fett (when it's out), Dark Times, and Legacy (when that runs).

I'm collecting but not reading KOTOR and the other one about an early Republic Jedi. It bothers me that the galaxy is so advanced at this point - versus how it looked in Ulic Qel Droma's days - where there was even a surface on Coruscant (or at least there was during Odan-Urr's age). As soon as they portrayed the familiar senate building, it started turning me off.

I mean to start re-reading the entire SW chronology from start to finish (Golden Age to post-Millennium Falcon and Legacy, etc) but I have not yet found the time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I am loathe to admit it, but the creator of the former comic / book review phenomenon Rogues' Gallery is out of the loop on SW books.

I do know about Darth Plageuis and I cannot wait! I love Luceno's books.

I mean to start re-reading the entire SW chronology from start to finish (Golden Age to post-Millennium Falcon and Legacy, etc) but I have not yet found the time.
    It's tough, even with today's digital technologies, to keep up with reading such a vast saga. Good luck, and keep it up Tycho! I am also looking forward to that long-delayed Luceno novel.