Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    I'm a tad ( "in space talk, that's about a million miles" - semi sci-fi movie quote) past halfway through Revelation, and something came to me. The series title is "Legacy," and a decent working definition of that word means that which is remembered after something is gone, or that which continues beyond. Does this mean that Jedi win/Sith return is the legacy of the Force? Star Wars was a myth/fable/fantasy, where stories have ends that stay that way. The desire to have more SW is what's hurting the "canon" or continuity, a la Star Trek.

I like the books that occur within the canon, not so much the ones outside it (like Sith Wars [okay, these weren't bad] and NJO/Legacy [ugh...]). Post-ROJ stuff is fine, but too far off has been terrible.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I have to agree! I thought the whole Vong thing sucked! They killed Chewie of all people. I haven't read this Legacy series but you do here about the casualities. I think they would have been better off if they would have let the Empire in charge and never had the rebellion in the first place, if this was going to be the end results. Look at what those planets have had to go through during these last two series between the Vong and Galactic Civil War, hell there can't be many people left to even fight. I think they have te same attitude that is occuring at Marvel Comics, Shock Writing just to sell novels/comics.

This isn't really along the "not at all happy" vein of this thread, just because it's an unknown at this point. I was scanning through an upcoming SW books site, and it seems that 7/26 (I think) has several "Star Wars: Untitled" books listed. I believe that they might be young adult readers, but even so, that's intriguing...

And I still am looking forward to the Coruscant Nights pulp detective-genre books this summer. I'll also admit I want to know how they're gonna end the Legacy series; not because it'll be gripping drama, more simply morbid curiosity. :carcrashrubberneck: Now that's back on the "not at all happy" topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This isn't really along the "not at all happy" vein of this thread, just because it's an unknown at this point. I was scanning through an upcoming SW books site, and it seems that 7/26 (I think) has several "Star Wars: Untitled" books listed. I believe that they might be young adult readers, but even so, that's intriguing...
    All (or mostly) Clone Wars related more than likely.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

If anyone is vaguely interested in checking out the first book in the Legacy series free of charge, Del Rey, through the site http://www.legacyoftheforce.com/ is offering it for download without signing up for anything or offering any personal information.

Morbid curiousity drove me to go ahead and download it, though I have no idea when I'll find time to read it seeing as how I can't seem to find time to read things I do want to read.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And I still am looking forward to the Coruscant Nights pulp detective-genre books this summer.
    This series has me excited, too.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    This series has me excited, too.
    I see that the first book's due out sometime in June, with the second a couple months later. I like when they do that; gives you a chance to really get into a series or character, with less time in between to forget details.

Can't figure out exactly when the novel version of TFU is out; the game itself, guidebooks, CD adaptations, etc. all look the same at first glance.

According to an online books dealer, here are some release dates for various SW books:

*9/16 Republic Commando: Order 66 (HC)
    +9/4 SW Madlibs
    +8/28 Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows (PB)
    +6/24 Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight (PB)
    *8/19 The Force Unleased (HC)
    ?7/30 The Force Unleased (PB? )
    _8/15 Clone Wars kids books (color with lightsaber pen, scratch and color, paint with water)
    ?7/29 Clone Wars (HC?)
    ?7/26 bunch of "Star Wars: Untitled" stuff
    *June Last of the Jedi #10
    _5/13 Legacy: Invincible (HC)

* = looks okay
    + = looking forward to these
    ? = Wha-?! Huh?
    _ = no opinion

I can't wait for Last of the Jedi #10. I have an idea of how it will end.

I'm only looking forward to Order 66 and Force Unleashed. The Republic Commando books have been pretty good. Triple Zero had its problems but I think True Colors redeemed it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everyone makes out in the end.

Otherwise, I read Betrayal. It was actually not too bad, but I credit that mostly to Allston who can always entertain with his humor. But I read the other day how Legacy of the Force ends and it reaffirms my desire not to read any further. Douche Caedus continues not to impress.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06