Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Darth Bane books are really good.

What is the Obi-Wan book? A Luke Skywalker book? Are they similar to that Darth Vader book that came out about a year ago? That was a good read actually.
    I agree, with the first better than the second.

It does sound like the Obi-Wan is similar to the Rise & Fall of Darth Vader one that Windham wrote. The Luke one seems to me like a stand-alone novel, a la Splinter of the Mind's Eye, New Rebellion, or Courtship of P.L.. Although I hope it's much better than NR was.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Here's a synopsis on the Falcon book. Doesn't sound too bad.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20080805.html

Sounded promising until all the crap about Caedus and such. Then again, Luceno's writing, so I might possibly think about maybe reading it once it's in paperback.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Lucerno "Millenium Falcon" book apparently picks up after the LOTF series ends. As much as I like Lucerno, I'm gonna have to hear a little more before diving into it...still haven't finished the "Invincible" book yet...it's just not holding my interest.

The Obi-Wan book is a companion book to the Vader one. I liked that one too with it's cool slipcover...in addition to being a good read, it makes a great display piece..I hope they do a similar style cover for the Obi-Wan book.

Am curious about Stover's "Shadows of Mindor" book...his books always make an intense read...I enjoyed "Shatterpoint" a lot and while the structure of his ROTS book was a little annoying with the repeating "This is (insert character here)...motif running through it, it was one of the better adaptations of one of the films.

Out of all the forthcoming EU reads, the one I'm looking forward to most is "Order 66" by Karen Traviss...really enjoy the "Republic Commando:" series a lot and am anxious to see how she handles that galaxy-changing event from the clone standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I enjoyed "Shatterpoint" a lot and while the structure of his ROTS book was a little annoying with the repeating "This is (insert character here)...motif running through it, it was one of the better adaptations of one of the films.
    I haven't read any of the LOTF books, but am familiar with the general plot. If the library has a copy of Falcon, I'll pick it up.

Sorry, Jedibear, but Shatterpoint was one of the worst SW books I've read. The editor should've done a better job and slashed it by 50 -75 pages. A book with potential but wasted.

And you're absolutely correct about the ROTS 'this is...' That line got old very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    The Lucerno "Millenium Falcon" book apparently picks up after the LOTF series ends.

I hope they do a similar style cover for the Obi-Wan book.

Am curious about Stover's "Shadows of Mindor" book...his books always make an intense read.

... am anxious to see how she handles that galaxy-changing event from the clone standpoint.
    I never noticed the similar acronyms:
    Legacy of the Force
    Lord of the Flies
    Are these both symbolic of the end of the world? When childlike people turn against the other murderously?

Book covers like that make great displays, but are tough while you're reading (unless you just keep it out until you're done :toological: ).

Intense books in the EU are rare; he does a good job at them.

I'm not too excited, but interested. Her style is hit-or-miss with me: when she's good, it's very good, but when it's heavy, it's not so good, Al. :Weezervideo:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

James Luceno is probably my all-time favorite Star Wars author.

Stover is really good though.

Of course, Zahn and Stackpole and Anderson are very much appreciated.

I think Jude Watson (young adult books) is brilliant though!

I'm really into The Last of the Jedi series and have almost read the entire 10 books in less than 2 weeks. They're that good.

I agree Tycho...Jude Watson's books have been great. I hope we haven't seen the last of her writing for the SW Universe...

I think she was considering a new crossover series: The Last Quest for the Jedi Apprentice Journals.

BEL-CAM'S TOP TEN STAR WARS EU AUTHORS (minimum 2 books written):
    10.Drew Karpyshyn
    9. Steve Perry AND Michael Reaves (they're better together than apart)
    8. James Luceno
    7. Alan Dean Foster
    6. Kevin J. Anderson
    5. A.C. Crispin
    4. Aaron Alston
    3. Brian Daley
    2. Jude Watson
    1. Timothy Zahn

I can't believe you like Alan Dean Foster! *shudder*

Most of your list is great, except Michael Stackpole should be on it.

Greg Keyes, and Matthew Stover are also good candidates.