Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Not at all happy with the current direction of SW EU

I'm pretty close to cutting out any further EU works that take place after ROTJ. Why? The more I think about it, the more the current direction of the novels and comics seems to be undermining the films themselves.

You can have Sith in any work published prior to 1999. Chalk it up to ignorance.

You can have Sith in any work published now that takes place prior to ROTJ. The Force is not yet at balance.

You CANNOT include Sith in anything published after the prequels that takes place after Anakin's death. Period. No question, end of story.

Why not? The Force has been brought to the proper balance. The Sith are extinguished. They are no more. They have ceased to be. Including them now is a feeble attempt to sell more books because the folks at Lucasfilm care more about money than Lucas's story, and they think cool-looking character designs with lots of red lightsabers sell more books than decent, consistent storytelling.

Including Sith is tantamount to having a sequel to Babe start with Farmer Hoggett kicking the snot out of Babe and yelling, "That won't do, Pig! That won't do!"

So, pretty pictures notwithstanding, I doubt I'll pick up any more issues of Legacy. And I have serious doubts that I'll be reading the upcoming Legacy novels if they continue in this vein as well.

I'll be first in line for Allegiance and the Darths Bane and Plagueis novels, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hopefully more PU fans'll come to the realization that ALL PU (with the exception of SOTE) is just carp and that they need to stop making useless and stupid PU figures.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I still think a distinction can be made between regular Dark Jedi and the Sith who wielded unnatural abilities. As mentioned in our Force Balance thread, my chief theory of why the Force is imbalanced has to do with the Sith living beyond their natural lifespans and thus everything they affect afterwards is tainted and thus those lives affect the Force they create - the Force can tolerate evil Force users who affect things greatly so long as they die when nature says its their time, but when they refuse to die and use the Force to continue living, it creates a downward spiral effect. Not that I ever read that much EU, but I can totally forgive any evil Force user who isn't called a Sith and using that life-extending power.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought the Clone Emperor was a slap in the face to ROTJ so I've felt a distaste for the EU for a long time.

At least there were comments by other characters (including Mara Jade, who should know) about them believing it was just a clone of Palpatine who thought he was Palpatine reincarnated. Boba Fett's resurrection from that series bothers me as much as or more than Palpatine's or Dengar's. (Dengar had been previously shot to death by Ms Jade in Tim Zahn's books that took place a year earlier.)

This new resurgence of Sith is just totally wrong. Absolutely wrong. I'm talking wronger than finding a picture of your grandmother in an old Playboy magazine wrong.

BTW, "William Joel"? Classic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I didn't know that Chux, about the Clone just thinking he was the Emperor. Was that a later retcon ?

I do recall Dengar getting killed in that one book, Mara picked up his ID or something and it read "Dengar." Thanks for refreshing me on that one, I forgot all about it but remember reading it now.

The William Joel reference is from a different episode, I can't remember which one offhand, but Dwight is playing "You are the Sunshine of My Life" (?) on a recorder/flute thing and he makes the WJ reference.

not only dash rendar but the outrider and prince xixor. and i don't think snoova chewie gets nearly enough publicity for being one of the worst figures in the POTF2 line.

now that i think about it, i don't really like EU from the OT and afterwards but PT and before i can accept.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I thought the Clone Emperor was a slap in the face to ROTJ so I've felt a distaste for the EU for a long time.
    I do not approve of Dark Empire. I do however approve of Obi-Wan clones that LucasLicensing made them rename into Joruus C'boath.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.