Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I hear you. Legacy is carp, but some of the other stuff's been pretty good (Allegiance & Darth Bane come to mind), and the young adult books aren't too fanboy-esque.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

basically George Lucas needs to stop trying to affect the EU. The last 2 big series in the EU were his idea (NJO and Legacy). The EU needs to be books that loosely tie together but don't form one series. The only good series in the EU is the X-wing series.

The state of Star Wars comics today has me concerned.

Dark Horse is running 4 titles which I quickly review in the following:

KOTOR - which is very confusing and while Zayne and Jarael are likeable, it's hard to get into the storyline. It also should start to characterize Darth Revan and Darth Malak by now, if they are ultimately the Sith that shape this era. The story is failing to do this. I don't get a sense of direction from the series but rather a "Tales from (the era)" sense of it that I don't care for.

Dark Times - this title is interesting, though anecdotal. Dass Jennir is kind of cool to read about. I don't know how important he'll ultimately be or if Vader will just show up one day and cut his head off. I don't know and like the character THAT much to care for sure - but I might one day. Jennir is not Quinlan Vos. That much is for sure.

Rebellion - I'm not sure about this one at all. The main characters have their lives pretty well documented. You know, taking someone like Kyle Katarn and using him extensively in a series like this would be powerful. But so far, I'm not impressed.

Legacy - this is my favorite title of those currently running. I do care for the characters and I think it's worthwhile reading. It was confusing and slow to gain momentum when it first got started. I think they tried to create a new galaxy that was almost too big. But I've settled comfortably into a point where I can now enjoy the Legacy timeline and recollect everyone and everything going on from month to month. It is easily superior to the 3 other Star Wars series running right now.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Are you looking forward to the crossover?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Are you looking forward to the crossover?

No actually. I'm just hoping they pull it off without screwing anything else up.

Here's the thing:

KOTOR - this is so far into the past that while it could be cool, like TOTJ was, if events were really that important, they would have affected the movies.

Dark Times - here it could get interesting.

Rebellion - ditto

Legacy - if it's "that important," then sure it could affect Legacy.

I have a wait-and-see attitude. I'm buying and reading the books anyway. But I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl View Post
    Amen Chux.

I just got done reading Exile but knew Mara has been killed. Probably the most popular EU character of all time, with a great story(Zahn writes her like no one else can). I think its B.S. to go off and kill her, when there are a number of characters who have grown stale(Jacen, Kyp,Corran,Alema,Lando IMO) who continue to "live on". Same for Anakin II, great potential but I think it would have made a better impact if one of the Solo twins died,considering the bond always mentioned.
    Aleema Rar...killing me, just killing me! All of these powerful Jedi and Sith (Jacen) getting in fights with her and she always escapes?? The novels treat her like she has the powers of a Jedi and Sith Master and it was really getting annoying! This character was cool at first but just went WAY too far!

How 'bout those "joiner king" king novels? ROFL, I read the first one (took me a long time to get through it) and thought I was gonna throw up. Never finished the series and can't believe some of the crap they are putting out!

I miss the old SW novels before the prequels even came out, much better story lines and nothing will ever beat Zhan's Trilogy!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Plus, she loses a limb every time she fights someone, and still comes back for more!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Plus, she loses a limb every time she fights someone, and still comes back for more!
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! That was also very annoying! WHERE do they come up with this stuff? I know, I know, Lucas' kids.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

So, I'm know curious if the writers of the NJO and Legacy novels have it in for my favorite characters.

They killed Anakin and made every EU set in later time periods almost unreadable. They killed Mara Jade and made me not even want to rethink my opinion. And now

Spoiler for Revelations:

Tahiri, the one character I could kind of almost salvage (though she hasn't been the same since the Vong got her) is second banana to **** Lord Douche Caedus as his apprentice! If only they hadn't neutered Corran Horn and made him an unlikeable jerk.

I swear it seems like this rolling snowball of bull**** started after Lucasfilm made the authors kill off Anakin Solo. Any plan they had suddenly got tossed out the window, and they've just been winging it since then.

I kind of want to read parts of the Legacy novels for the Mandalorian stuff, but I'm just not sure it's worth tip-toeing through the piles of crap looking for the good stuff.

Edit: I added some spoiler space, because I forgot to do so.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I don't mind the spoilers, but I haven't read the Legacy novels.

It was my intention to re-read everything starting with Vector Prime and go into the future from there. I own the Dark Nest stuff but have never read it either.

I once was the go-to guy on the EU around here, but my interest in the future waned after NJO (which I liked). Then I felt "done with it," though I enjoy the Legacy comics.

Instead I fervently read Clone Wars stuff and took a lot of interest in that era.

That's why I'm re-reading NJO and getting re-acquainted with the future of Star Wars.