Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I'm only looking forward to Order 66 and Force Unleashed. The Republic Commando books have been pretty good. Triple Zero had its problems but I think True Colors redeemed it. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how everyone makes out in the end.
    I've enjoyed the Republic Commando books. Well written but Triple Zero tried to cover too much ground all at once. The concept was great but it introduced too many new characters all at once. And the short story that appears at the end should've been at the beginning of the book. It was a better introduction to the Neos.

haven't read True Colors yet but I do have a copy.

I don't know if "not at all happy" as what I'm feeling about the EU as much as just losing interest.

Recently read the final "Last of the Jedi" youth novel and really enjoyed the way Watson wrapped it up.
    Picked up LOTF: Invincible when it came out and still haven't managed to crack the cover...the last couple of books in that series were a slog to get through...I could see where it was going and this series has just moved away from the characters I find interesting (the classic core) and the younger generation of characters just isn't grabbing me. Plus, the whole series is just so downbeat.

I've throughly enjoyed the Traviss "Republic Commando" books and am really looking forward to "Order 66" later this year.

As for comics...I've just stopped for now. "Legacy" seems in a holding pattern after the whole "Darth Krayt" cycle, "Dark Times" just isn't grabbing me and the "Knights..." series isn't either. It was really easy to walk away for a while with this new crossover "Vector" thing....ugh. no thanks.

I'd like to see a return of some anthology-styled books (ala "Tales of...") as there are sure a lot more areas of the saga that are ripe for short-storytelling. And I wish the "Tales..." comics would return too....some of the stories offered in them were over the top, but I really appreciated the constant variety those volumes offered...there was usually something for everyone.

It's kind of reached the place with the books that the old "Bantam" titles did...over-the-top but un-engaging. Maybe something will pop up later to rekindle my interest...for now, I'll look "backwards" and cover some older comic titles I never read to get my SW lit fix...

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I don't know if "not at all happy" as what I'm feeling about the EU as much as just losing interest.

I'd like to see a return of some anthology-styled books (ala "Tales of...") as there are sure a lot more areas of the saga that are ripe for short-storytelling. And I wish the "Tales..." comics would return too....some of the stories offered in them were over the top, but I really appreciated the constant variety those volumes offered...there was usually something for everyone.

It's kind of reached the place with the books that the old "Bantam" titles did...over-the-top but un-engaging. Maybe something will pop up later to rekindle my interest...for now, I'll look "backwards" and cover some older comic titles I never read to get my SW lit fix...
    I will still read EU, and that's not just a give-my-money-to-Lucasbooks view. I like fiction stories, and if they're not all well done, then that's the nature of the business. I am saddened at some of the storylines (I'm not so naive to think that everything's gonna be great), sure. But I want to remain caught up with the whole EU (which I have been since around 1992).

I think the upcoming "Coruscant Nights" series could be like the ol' "Tales of..." ones. I hope.

There's a few around-ROJ books scheduled; maybe those'll be more like the good old days.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Here's some more SW books due out this year:

Complete SW Encyclopedia (Steve Sansweet, Pablo Hidalgo) Nov. '08

Luke Skywalker and the _____ of ______ (forgot to copy the end info) (author?) Nov./Oct. '08

SW: Obi-Wan Bio (Ryder Widham) Oct. '08

SW: TFU (Sean Williams) Aug. '08

SW Ultimate Blueprints Aug. '08

Here Are Some Star Wars Books You Will Not See Out This Year:

How the Toilet Works on The Millennium Falcon - by Chewbacca

I Forgot Who I Killed Last Summer - by Darth Vader

The Futility of Hope - By Emperor Palpatine

How To Pick Up Space Girls - By Han Solo

Please look for these exciting titles and more at a later date.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here's some more SW books due out this year:

Complete SW Encyclopedia (Steve Sansweet, Pablo Hidalgo) Nov. '08

Luke Skywalker and the _____ of ______ (forgot to copy the end info) (author?) Nov./Oct. '08

SW: Obi-Wan Bio (Ryder Widham) Oct. '08

SW: TFU (Sean Williams) Aug. '08

SW Ultimate Blueprints Aug. '08
    Can add in "and the Shadows of Mindor" to the Luke book, plus SW: Millennium Falcon by James Luceno 10/21 (it says it's unabridged on CD... is it a book?)
    and Life & Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi as Windham's Obi bio.

The Luke and Obi-Wan books sound interesting. If the library gets them, I'll definitely read them.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    If the library gets them, I'll definitely read them.
    IF? Is that another casualty of these hard economic times? My library's not getting current SW books in much lately.

The last SW book I got from the library was Death Star. I haven't checked to see if they got the second Darth Bane book.

The Darth Bane books are really good.

What is the Obi-Wan book? A Luke Skywalker book? Are they similar to that Darth Vader book that came out about a year ago? That was a good read actually.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.