Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Deathtroopers

Star Wars zombies? I think it's official: "Everybody out of the pool." I'll bet they don't even have the presence of mind to involve Senior Anthropologist Hoole and the Arranda brats.
    Ah, but being a shapeshifter, not only could they go back and say he WAS there, they could bring back a clone of Zam Wessell, too, and she could be a cannibal, a la The Hunger. See? Genius!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The Making of Star Wars: Episode V the Empire Strikes Back:
    J. W. Rinzler
    Hardcover
    March 23, 2010
    I have high expectations for the Empire book. The ANH book was excellent. Lot of great pix. I might have to get it in hardback.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I have high expectations for the Empire book. The ANH book was excellent. Lot of great pix. I might have to get it in hardback.
    Me too. But I want to find out if the HB has extra pages that the SC version does not (like it was with the SW:ANH one), BEFORE I buy it.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Me too. But I want to find out if the HB has extra pages that the SC version does not (like it was with the SW:ANH one), BEFORE I buy it.
    I agree. I came across the SC version of the ANH book at a con at an unbelievable price, so it was hard to pass up, with or without the extra pages.

I agree with the title of this thread, though not all the arguements made within it.

Argueing as to what is "Star Wars" and to what is not "Star Wars" from a subjective position is pointless. We could write our own fanfiction and call it EU and thus make it "Star Wars". I would argue that something is "Star Wars" is objective and that is determined by Lucasfilm Liscensing. If ol' George bestows on to you the right to publish or produce something under the lable of Star Wars, then it is Star Wars, period. Just saying the movies are "Star Wars" and everything else is not is silly. Who are we to make that determination?

As to what is canon is a slightly different story and I is more flexible. I personally figure that Leland Chee is the Supreme Court of the SW universe, sweeping up and attempting to organize the growing mess of "Star Wars" lisence as it produces wild and often difficult to reconcile facts due to its ignorant contributors. But that is just my take.

When it comes down to "What is Star Wars to ME," that is totally subjective to the individual. I am not a fan of NJO or Legacy (comics or books). While I acknowledge that it is "Star Wars," it is not Star Wars to me. Star Wars to me generally covers the movie era, and the events occuring shortly before or after. I make some exceptions (Love KOTOR and Crimson Empire), but that is generall what I am interested in and follow.

As to the statemet of the thread, I do agree. I personally feel the EU is becoming too congested and stretching out too far. I am particularly sensitive to the Clone Wars series as I feel it is trampling all over the things written (and purchased by myself) prior. I would like to see more exploration between Episodes III and IV as they cover nearly 20 years and have almost nothing written about them. Either that or more KOTOR era stuff, albiet mindful of the fact that it is in past, with limited technolgies.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

I bought Secret Missions #1: Breakout Squad today. Borders sent a 40-percent coupon out and I hate a good coupon like that to go to waste. My bookstore didn't have Rebel Force #4, which was my first choice.

I'll read it here soon.

I got RF #4 and the new Luke Skywalker book (like the Vader and Obi-Wan ones by RYder Windham) on a B&N store coupon. Did not notice SM #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession is Nute View Post
    As to the statemet of the thread, I do agree. I personally feel the EU is becoming too congested and stretching out too far. I am particularly sensitive to the Clone Wars series as I feel it is trampling all over the things written (and purchased by myself) prior. I would like to see more exploration between Episodes III and IV as they cover nearly 20 years and have almost nothing written about them. Either that or more KOTOR era stuff, albiet mindful of the fact that it is in past, with limited technolgies.
    I understand that contradiction. But the congested areas have stifled creativity, and certain things seem to be developing or re-writen so people avoid it (i.e. Clone Wars). There still are big No-no's as far as when you can set something (only a few years after RotS and a few before ANH outside of TFU in your big want). You'd have to go just outside of a given time frame. The problem was that without the massive "story arcs", it was way too ad hoc. The arcs are the effort of quality control to prevent variance from book to book, but do make it a bit more rigid overall.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

SW Zombies? Wow, talk about jumping on the bandwagon. That deserves special recognition for its lemmingesque cliff-walk-offing. Holy crap is that going to be lame, it'll fit great with Teras Kasi.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    SW Zombies? Wow, talk about jumping on the bandwagon. That deserves special recognition for its lemmingesque cliff-walk-offing. Holy crap is that going to be lame, it'll fit great with Teras Kasi.
    Zombies never go out of style. I love a good zombie movie, so I might have to check the book out.

Still looking for RF #4. Two different bookstores and zilch. The search expands.