Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    I am so ****ed about Gardulla returning in the CW. It was completely unnecessary and showed no respect for the EU.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

More buy-able books a-comin'...

- Death Star Battles: Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition (Simon Beecroft) 12/31/20 (really?)
    - Join the Rebels: Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition (Simon Beecroft) 12/31/20 (??)
    - Choices of One (Timothy Zahn) 7/19/11
    - Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (Aaron Allston) 5/24/11
    - The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Sean Williams) 5/24/11
    - Star Wars vs. Star Trek : Could the Empire kick the Federation's ***? and other galaxy-shaking Enigmas (Matt Forbeck) 5/18/11
    - Star Wars : Holostar (Michael Reaves) 4/26/11
    - A Jedi Adventure In 3-D (Pablo Hidalgo) 4/14/11
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    - Choices of One (Timothy Zahn) 7/19/11
    Ho ho ho, what eez zees?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A little searching brought up this about Zahn's upcoming tale: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/choices/index.html plus the detail that it was originally titled "Hand of Judgment."

Mara Jade and Timothy Zahn. I'm there. Haven't actually bought a Star Wars book in a couple of years, but I'll want this one as soon as it comes out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I may try and check it out. Although I expound on the awesomeness of SOTE I'm a VERY big fan of the Thrawn Trilogy and I'm thinking of buying it for a second, third, fourth, etc. reading.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I have the Thrawn Trilogy and read about half the first book when it came out in paperback years ago (1992-1993?) and was pretty bored by it. I was 14 or 15 at the time, which is probably why I couldn't get into it.
    I keep thinking I should give it another shot.

I did read Death Troopers recently, which was a fun read, especially if you don't take it too seriously.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Is that the zombie stormies?

I'd definitely try and give the Thrawn Trilogy another go. It does have slow parts but I literally couldn't put 'em down and I had finished all 3 of them in under a week.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    And the upcoming Red Harvest novel is supposedly in that same vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post

I'd definitely try and give the Thrawn Trilogy another go. It does have slow parts but I literally couldn't put 'em down and I had finished all 3 of them in under a week.
    Yep, Death Troopers was the Star Wars zombie tale.

I usually trust your judgement, so I'll probably give the Trawn books a second chance soon.

Also, Death Star was a pretty good read, and it was by SOTE author Steve Perry. I love his style of Star Wars writing. I think he has best captured the feeling of the original trilogy out of any other author.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!