Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    A new Zahn book? Glad I clicked into this thread, that's good news. The Thrawn trilogy is what got me back into SW in the early '90s, luckily my library carried them when I was at my brokest.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A new Zahn book? Glad I clicked into this thread, that's good news. The Thrawn trilogy is what got me back into SW in the early '90s, luckily my library carried them when I was at my brokest.
    I;m looking forward to the new Zahn book as well as the upcoming Red Harvest book...

I've been referring to my library lately as well... I'm hoping that they will get in the new Fate of the Jedi Book soon along with The Force Unleashed II.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

My library's been good about carrying SW novels, particularly the Fate series. That's how I've been reading them.

I have high hopes for the new Zahn novel.

I wish my library would get more e-books though, I have a reader in my ipod touch that I much prefer to paper books and for some reason the LA Library can't handle what a lot of small-town ones can. I'd be reading a lot more SW books if they were available that way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A few more releases for this coming year:

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Ascension Christie Golden, Hardcover, 8/16/2011
    Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare Jason Fry, Paperback, 8/16/2011
    Star Wars: Riptide Paul S. Kemp, Paperback, 7/26/2011 (well, the TV show had a robot, too )
    Star Wars Visual Dictionary of Characters DK Publishing, Hardcover, 6/20/2011
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Crosscurrent. For several years now, I've read a SW book at Christmas. I started this book Christmas week and just finished it the other night.

The first 1/4 or 1/3 of the book was a little confusing, IMO. It kept jumping back and forth from present SW universe to 5,000 years in the past. After it stayed in the present, it improved.

Glad I didn't buy it. I just checked it out from the library. And I had high expectations on this one, too.

I am hoping that there won't be too many of these horror-SW cross genre books in the future. Red Harvest, by Joe Schrieber, was okay, but for someone (in a book jacket quote)to say that it had some of the humor SW fans love, I don't recall zombie killing and gore as funny, SW-wise. It had a little suspense at times and some interesting Force descriptions. I usually like books with chapter titles, but when a 240-something page book has 45+ chapters, there's not much need to give a hint of the 2-8 pages to come. Not really a SPOILER, but I'll put a somewhat funny (maybe this is what the jacket quote meant) detail below in white font:

(two words: zombie tauntauns)

On the non-scientific Bel-Cam scale of 10, I'd give it a 7.4.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Essential Warfare was just moved back to March 2012. Makes me want to rip my hair out, this is just like Essential Atlas! They used to release the Essential Guidebook every six months. Now were are lucky to get one every 18 months. Fortunately, the Atlas was SOOOOO good, it made the wait worthwhile.

I like SW Horror novels, it is a fun combo. I liked Deathtroopers more than Red Harvest, but they are both good. I can understand if they are not really somebody's cup of tea, but I like em.

What I really want is for an EU novel that really helps reveal gaps in the films and adds to the canon in a meaningful way. It feels like it has been forever since we had a novel like that. I really want a novel that explains the period right after Phantom Menace, when Palpatine and Dooku first meet, Dooku betrays Sifo-Dyas and reveals the early rumblings of the sepratists. Likewise, anything with Darth Plaugeis would be great!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am hoping that there won't be too many of these horror-SW cross genre books in the future. Red Harvest, by Joe Schrieber, was okay, but for someone (in a book jacket quote)to say that it had some of the humor SW fans love, I don't recall zombie killing and gore as funny, SW-wise. It had a little suspense at times and some interesting Force descriptions. I usually like books with chapter titles, but when a 240-something page book has 45+ chapters, there's not much need to give a hint of the 2-8 pages to come. Not really a SPOILER, but I'll put a somewhat funny (maybe this is what the jacket quote meant) detail below in white font:

(two words: zombie tauntauns)

On the non-scientific Bel-Cam scale of 10, I'd give it a 7.4.

I don't know what rock I've been living under for the last couple of weeks, but I just saw Red Harvest at the bookstore for the first time. Between some Borders Bucks, discounts, coupons, gift cards, etc..., I picked it up for $1.99!

I've been looking forward to RH since I first read it was going to be released. If it sucks, hey, I'm only out $1.99, not $27.

I have one or two other books to go through first before Red Harvest. Might wait until the next snowy weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I've been looking forward to RH since I first read it was going to be released. If it sucks, hey, I'm only out $1.99, not $27.

I have one or two other books to go through first before Red Harvest. Might wait until the next snowy weekend.
    There are some scenes set in snowy conditions in RH... that might lead to nightmares for you, OC!