Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    The next SW:Old Republic book, Revan, based on the video game, was dull to start with. Predictible, flat characters, odd action (even for the try-to-make-it-seem-like-the-game-scenarios idea). But there was a twist towards the end I did not see coming. So that gives it a higher "rating" for me.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I am still waiting eagerly for Darth Plageuis.

I love James Luceno's writing, too.

Perfect author for the perfect subject matter.

I will buy this as soon as it's available and take the day off to read it cover to cover (except whenever there are those great moments that some authors provide that make you have to pause and go "WHOA!").
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm very impressed with Choices of One so far. Almost done with it. The big twist regarding the identity of one character caught me by surprise.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The big twist regarding the identity of one character caught me by surprise.
    Yes, I was quite shocked to learn that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I thought Zahn was slipping. Not enough to hurt the book, but it seemed obvious. I hope there's some explanation for how you-know-who was present in mostly the same places (or convincing surrogate locations) as the other you-know-who.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Uh-oh. Sounds like there's another SW book I need to read.

Choice Of One must be really good.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm putting Riptide and Shadow Games on my Christmas list.

I haven't read a SW novel in a couple of months. Needed a break. I think the last one I read -- and truly enjoyed -- was Republic Commando #1.

Finally read Death Star and The Force Unleashed novels last month.

I liked Death Star, but found the new hope portions forced.

The Force Unleashed is bad at the begining but really picks up after Vader kills Gaven.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I received Riptide and Shadow Games as Christmas presents, and used some Christmas money to buy Revan. \\

Also received the Lego SW Character Guide. Cool book.

I posted this in the reading thread, but I bought Reven, Darth Plagius and Art of the Old Republic with Christmas money and gift cards. The art book will be a source of some good customs.