Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Who's Cade Skywalker? Ben's just a little kid; his mother wouldn't like him knocking up some lady.

In all seriousness, Jacen becoming a Sith is so insanely out of character that I consider it nothing more than godawful fanfic that happened to get published.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    In all seriousness, Jacen becoming a Sith is so insanely out of character that I consider it nothing more than godawful fanfic that happened to get published.

I never really considered him a Sith. He showed Sith-esque characteristics but I thought the books did a great job portraying him that he believed that what he was doing was right, especially in the first 5 or 6 books. He wasn't really "good vs. evil" it was more of a "distorted view of the greater good."
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The Sith believe they are doing good.

Might makes right and Palpatine proved how corruptive special interests are (Commerce Guild, Banking Clan) upon an elected Republic.

In a dictatorship, you have only 1 corrupt leader, not tons of them.

In the movie The Patriot, about the American Revolution, Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson) says, "Why should I trade one tyrant, 3000 miles away, for 3,000 tyrants, one mile away?"

Human nature is corruptable, and absolute power corrupts most, but the Sith's argument that "the Jedi are doing evil, by maintaining the corrupt status quo," (Darth Vader), has legitimacy. But Vader is a hypocrite (because as Anakin Skywalker) he's not really concerned with the larger problems of the galaxy. He wants to save his wife, Padme.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Finished a stand-alone novel, Shadow Games by Michael Reaves & Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff. It started out fairly lame (Dash Rendar's ship gets damaged and has to take on a job as a bodyguard for a holostar singer), but by the end, did a decent job of tying in various storylines from the films and EU.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Update for upcoming (or supposedly out) books:

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation(11/13/2012) By Drew Karpyshyn HardCover
    Star Wars: Darth Plagueis(10/30/2012) By James Luceno PaperBack
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Who Are the Jedi?(10/1/2012) By Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff HC
    Star Wars Old Republic Encyclopedia(10/1/2012) By Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff HC
    Star Wars Art: Illustration(10/1/2012) By LucasFilm Ltd HC
    Star Wars The Old Republic #3: Revan(9/25/2012) By Drew Karpyshyn PB
    Star Wars: Phonics Boxed Set(9/1/2012) By Quinlan B. Lee PB
    Star Wars X-Wing: Mercy Kill(8/7/2012) By Aaron Allston HC
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #7: Conviction(8/28/2012) By Aaron Allston PB
    Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion(8/21/2012) By Pablo Hidalgo PB
    Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories(7/31/2012) By John Jackson Miller PB
    Star Wars Omnibus: Droids and Ewoks(7/3/2012) By Warren Kremer (Artist)
    Star Wars: Choices of One(6/26/2012) By Timothy Zahn PB
    Sex, Politics, and Religion in Star Wars: An Anthology(6/16/2012) By Douglas Brode (Editor) HC
    Myth, Media, and Culture in Star Wars: An Anthology(6/16/2012) By Douglas Brode (Editor) HC
    Star Wars The Old Republic #2: Deceived(5/29/2012) By Paul S. Kemp PB
    Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide, Updated&Expanded(4/30/2012) By Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff HC
    Star Wars: Scourge(4/24/2012) By Jeff Grubb PB
    Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare(4/3/2012) By Jason Fry PB
    Star Wars Fate of the Jedi #6: Vortex(3/27/2012) By Troy Denning PB
    Star Wars The Secret Life of Droids(3/19/2012) By Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff HC
    Guardians of the Chiss Key (Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series #4)(3/15/2012) By Ryder Windham PB
    In A Galaxy Not So Far Away...The Star Wars Filming Locations of the United States(2/14/2012) By Adam R Parr PB
    Star Wars: Book of Sith Secrets from the Dark Side(2/10/12) By Daniel Wallace

I found the Guardians of the Chiss Key at the bookstore last week.

If I haven't said it, I do appreciate you posting the release dates, Bel-Cam. I don't buy too many hardbacks, but knowing when some of the titles are coming out helps.

Oh, and a new X-wing novel, too!

No prob. I hadn't found the Secret Missions #4 at bookstores yet but picked it up at Target today.

I like that it's Allston doing the X-Wing book instead of Stackpole; I always preferred his style to MAP's.

Looking forward to FINALLY reading the Lost Tribe of the Sith stories, as I hadn't/haven't got an e-reader yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    No prob. I hadn't found the Secret Missions #4 at bookstores yet but picked it up at Target today.

I like that it's Allston doing the X-Wing book instead of Stackpole; I always preferred his style to MAP's.
    I went out looking for the new Clone Wars comic adventure when I stumbled on the Secret Missions book at Books a Million.

I'm glad to see the X-wing series resurrected.

I read the "conclusion" of the Secret Missions series, book #4, Guardians of the Chiss Key. I don't think I will spoilerize to say that the end leaves opportunities for future stories, as many series have done. To be honest, I'm still not sure what the subtitle of the book is supposed to mean.

Oh, I realized I'd started the third "Decide Your Destiny" Clone Wars book, Tethan Battle Adventure, but never finished it. Well, now I have, and my life is completely different having done so. Or is it?
    If you want your life completely changed, turn to page 138;
    If you want your life to stay the same, turn to page 18;
    If you decide to follow the old man down the tunnel; turn to page 113.

BCJ, you can download a free kindle app for your computer and read the lost tribe stories on that.