Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    That series was the one I thought I'd never get to read on paper; having it all in one volume is a looking-forward-to niceness.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I finally got around to finishing Scourge by first-time SW author Jeff Grubb. Not bad, especially considering it has no pre-established characters in it. Set in the New Republic era (post-ROJ, pre-Yuuzhan Vong), it follows a Jedi Master who investigates his apprentice's death, then gets mixed up in a spice ring of the Hutts, a duo of smugglers, and a Corporate Sector commander who patrols the region. It's a stand-alone story that could be continued or end right there; nobody I'd demand get their own story or be included in the continuing EU.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finally got around to finishing Scourge by first-time SW author Jeff Grubb. Not bad, especially considering it has no pre-established characters in it. Set in the New Republic era (post-ROJ, pre-Yuuzhan Vong), it follows a Jedi Master who investigates his apprentice's death, then gets mixed up in a spice ring of the Hutts, a duo of smugglers, and a Corporate Sector commander who patrols the region. It's a stand-alone story that could be continued or end right there; nobody I'd demand get their own story or be included in the continuing EU.
    I came across Scrounge by accident. Forgot or didn't know it was being released. It looks interesting.

Finished Splinter of the Mind's Eye the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I came across Scrounge by accident. Forgot or didn't know it was being released. It looks interesting.

Finished Splinter of the Mind's Eye the other night.
    I forgot to mention that there were a number of grammatical and word errors, more than I'd expect from a publisher-released book.

What'd you think of SotME? I still put it among my favorite EU novels, considering its age and early publishing in the SW canon.

I hate to admit it, but it was the first time I'd read it all the way through. I remember starting it a couple of times, but never finishing it. Don't know why.

I enjoyed it. I like the fact that it was written before the SW canon was in cement. I kept trying to picture Grammel as an action figure.

It's not as easy to copy & paste upcoming EU info, as I now have to click on each entry to find release dates, but here's what's due out next...

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse (paperback, A. Allston) 2/26/13
    Scoundrels (hardback, T. Zahn) 12/26/12
    Fate of the Jedi: Ascension (paperback, C. Golden) 11/27/12
    Star Wars & History (hardback, N. Reagin & J. Liedl) 11/20/12
    Old Republic: Annihilation (hardback, D. Karpyshyn) 11/13/12
    Star Wars: A Galactic Pop-Up Adventure [Limited Edition] (hardcover, $300 ) 11/1/12
    Darth Plagueis (paperback, J. Luceno) 10/30/12
    A Brief Guide to Star Wars [unauthorized] (paperback, B. Robb) 10/30/12
    Star Wars: The Ultimate Action Figure Collection 35 Years (paperback, S. Sansweet) 10/17/12
    Star Wars Old Republic Encyclopedia (hardcover, DK Publ.) 10/17/12
    Star Wars Essential Reader’s Companion (paperback, P. Hildalgo) 10/2/12
    Crimson Empire III (trade paperback, P. Gulacy) 10/2/12
    Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (hardback, DK Publ.) 9/28/12
    Old Republic: Revan (paperback, D. Karpyshyn) 9/25/12
    Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (paperback, A. Allston) 8/28/12
    X-Wing #10: Mercy Kill (hardback, A. Allston) 8/7/12
    Star Wars Origami (paperback, C. Alexander) 8/7/12
    Lost Tribe of the Sith Collected Stories (paperback, J. Miller) 7/24/12

As always, any Timothy Zahn book is bound to be good, and the Sansweet book could be awesome or terribly disappointing. The History book is how real world history mirrors the films (if I read the blurb right). I really liked the Allston X-Wing books, too.

The Lost Tribe of the Sith book intrigues me.

I'm hoping DK will have a booth at C6 with some of these books featured.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    The Lost Tribe of the Sith book intrigues me.

I'm hoping DK will have a booth at C6 with some of these books featured.
    When I broke down and bought an e-reader (Nook), those short stories were free, so I've read the first three of the eight. But this said in the collection book there'd be extra parts not yet published. It's okay so far.

I haven't started reading it yet, but the Book of Sith is AWESOME! Will report back after finishing it all.

A couple of titles announced at Comic Con. Two are stand-alones.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff
    What: Paperback original title.
    When: Spring 2013
    Another fast-paced, action-packed Star Wars stand-alone mass market original by New York Times bestselling authors Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff!

Ever since Emperor Palpatine's Order 66--which called for the execution of all Jedi--Jax Pavan is the last Knight around to fight the dark side of the Force. Together with his droid I-5, Jax has eluded Vader time and again, all the while wreaking havoc against the Empire through the underground resistance on Coruscant. But now the Rebel's leader on the city-planet has been captured, and it's up to the Last Jedi to ride again...possibly for one final adventure. (Cover illustration by Gene Moloica and cover design by Scott Biel.)

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon
    What: Paperback original title
    A stand-alone mass market tie-in to the successful comic book series, Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, written by fantasy novelist, Tim Lebbon.

Star Wars: Crucible by Troy Denning
    What: Hardcover original
    Han, Luke, and Leia are back in action--older and wiser, but as ready as ever to leap headlong into adventure!

Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia have spent a lifetime fighting wars, bringing the Jedi back from extinction, raising families, and saving the galaxy more times than they can count. They've earned the right to rest on their laurels and let the younger generation shoulder the burden--but fate has another adventure in store for our heroes, a quest only they can tackle and hope to survive... (Cover illustration by Cliff Nielsen and cover design by Scott Biel.)