Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    There are so many "last Jedi" now that the Purge has become something of a joke.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I liked the "Coruscant Nights" trilogy, so the Jax one sounds like it could be good; but I agree about the last* Jedi status.

Dawn of the Jedi? Sure, why not. Everything else is "[something] of the Jedi" anyway.

All the Jedi children will accuse the adults of being Sith witches, but Master Proc Jon-Tor will stand his ground and not confess? All while Republic senator Macarr Jothii fans the fires of mistrust ("There are red sabers all throughout this government" ) of a Sith Scare? Denning's usually a solid writer.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    There are so many "last Jedi" now that the Purge has become something of a joke.
    The Purge has been overused as a basic story element in the last few years, IMO. There are/could be interesting stories to tell from this time period, cause all of the Jedi weren't killed off. Just need a break from it.

Someone needs to write a story (unfortunately, it couldn't be official, but, still, it might prove the point) where Ferus Olin, Rahm Kota, Pavan Jax, Ikrit, Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan Kenobi, K'krukh, A'sharad Hett, Vergere, Kam Solusar, Yoda, and whoever else is hanging around, all team up to stop Vader on some sort of mission, but can't be seen by him and resort to insanely ridiculous stunts to avoid detection.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Someone needs to write a story (unfortunately, it couldn't be official, but, still, it might prove the point) where Ferus Olin, Rahm Kota, Pavan Jax, Ikrit, Shaak Ti, Obi-Wan Kenobi, K'krukh, A'sharad Hett, Vergere, Kam Solusar, Yoda, and whoever else is hanging around, all team up to stop Vader on some sort of mission, but can't be seen by him and resort to insanely ridiculous stunts to avoid detection.
    Not with those exact characters, but read the (ironically-titled, based on these recent posts) comic one-shot Purge for that very same idea. I know it got included in some trade paperback, too, but I can't recall that one now.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Sad thing is, I had Purge in mind when I posted that, and consciously tried to avoid anyone who appeared in it since I wasn't sure off-hand how long after ROTS it took place. I was sticking with folks who made it to (or at least very close to) ANH.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Then that sounds like a perfect story for a continued SW Infinities series.

That's what fan fiction is for.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    That's what fan fiction is for.
    I almost downloaded something with a stormtrooper image on the cover, until I realized it was a) just a short story, and b) a fictional story by a fan.

I finished the ebook versions of the 8 Lost Tribe of the Sith stories; now I'll have a good jump start to the Collected Stories that comes out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I finished the ebook versions of the 8 Lost Tribe of the Sith stories; now I'll have a good jump start to the Collected Stories that comes out next week.
    I finished the "epilogue" chapter titled "Pandemonium" yesterday. I give the collection a so-so rating. Just not enough connections to established SW lore, even being 4000 years BBY. It's clear that JJ Miller wrote comic stories, as this one needed visuals to make up for a dull storyline.

Also finally finished The Essential Guide to Warfare, which traces the history of the SW universe from wars and fighting from about 10,000 BBY (earlier?) to the waste that is the Fate of the Jedi series and Legacy comics. Pretty good, and a fast read for a textbook-style book. Nice paintings throughout, from several artists.