Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 402
  1. #311
    [based on thread's title]... so I went back, WAY back, in SW EU to a book I'd heard of but never saw in person or read: Marvel Illustrated Books #2. It's a "novel" that has drawn "graphics" in comic-like form. From the post-ANH era, but written after ESB had been out in theaters, "World of Fire" follows Luke and Leia, plus the droids, with Mici (Mica?) as a new character. I really like the "old" style comic, with cliffhanger wording, barely any gory details, explanations during and after the events (spoiler alert: despite the dangers, BOTH Luke and Leia, and even R2 and Threepio survived ). Looking for book #1 now. Is that nostalgia I feel coming on? Why yes, yes... it is...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  2. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Is that nostalgia I feel coming on? Why yes, yes... it is...
    It is that time of year, Bel-Cam.

    Working on the Lost Tribe of the Sith. Started it at Thanksgiving, keeping with my read a SW novel for the holiday tradition. I'll finish it shortly.

  3. #313
    Some products due out this year. Interesting about the as-yet-untitled Disney Books young books.

    The Star Wars Limited Edition (Rinzler) 8/26/14 [at $99?? Even for a comic series? ]
    Star Wars: Rebels Early Reader/Level 1 8/5/14
    Star Wars: Rebels Junior Novel 8/5/14
    Star Wars: Rebels Picture Book (Purchase Includes Star Wars eBook!) 8/5/14
    Kenobi (Miller) 7/1/14
    Star Wars Workbooks [various subject areas like Writing, Math, ABC, Phonics] 6/17/14
    John Williams's Film Music: Jaws, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the Return of the Classical Hollywood Music Style (Emilio Audissino) 6/12/14
    Crucible (Denning) 5/27/14
    Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy (Rinzler) 5/13/14
    Into the Void: Dawn of the Jedi (Lebbon) 4/1/14
    Honor Among Thieves: Empire and Rebellion (James SA Corey) 3/4/14
    Maul: Lockdown (Schreiber) 1/28/14
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  4. #314

  5. #315
    Another I missed: Lego SW The Yoda Trilogy (Landers) 1/7/14

    And, I noticed that Anakin Skywalker is on the cover of the "Phonics & ABCs" Workbook. But it's not little TPM, but AOTC, Anakin!
    Obi-Wan: "You look tired."
    Anakin: "I don't spell good anymore."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  6. #316

  7. #317
    Realized another education-related workbook cover: for the 2nd Grade Math one, it's Darth Maul. Do 2nd graders cover fractions?
    "If you have 1/2 of a Sith Lord, and the other 1/2 of the same Sith Lord, in about a decade, how many ret-conned Sith Lords will you have?"
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  8. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Realized another education-related workbook cover: for the 2nd Grade Math one, it's Darth Maul. Do 2nd graders cover fractions?
    "If you have 1/2 of a Sith Lord, and the other 1/2 of the same Sith Lord, in about a decade, how many ret-conned Sith Lords will you have?"
    Sounds a lot like one of those math questions I hated in school: if a train left Los Angeles traveling 90 mph, and a train left Chicago traveling 75 mph, where would the trains meet?

    I hate to admit it, but I don't know if I can finish Lost Tribe of the Sith. Been working on it since late November and have set it down a couple of times to read other stuff. I think the problem is continuity. Each chapter jumps ahead in time.

    Did pick up Maul: Lockdown the other day.

  9. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Sounds a lot like one of those math questions I hated in school: if a train left Los Angeles traveling 90 mph, and a train left Chicago traveling 75 mph, where would the trains meet?

    I hate to admit it, but I don't know if I can finish Lost Tribe of the Sith. Been working on it since late November and have set it down a couple of times to read other stuff. I think the problem is continuity. Each chapter jumps ahead in time.

    Did pick up Maul: Lockdown the other day.
    As an older student, I wondered if Timmy was tougher and braver than Billy, would he just punch him and take his apples, so he had ALL the apples! Fractions are part of fractiousness!

    I read LTOTS in free e-book form, just clicking on the next chapter (but I do recall some disconnect, too; remember, this series takes place over a long period of time). The last chapter that was in the paperback compilation was decent though, IIRC.

    I am a few chapters into the new Maul book; I like books with short chapters. And there's a very interesting character in those first early chapters.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

  10. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    As an older student, I wondered if Timmy was tougher and braver than Billy, would he just punch him and take his apples, so he had ALL the apples! Fractions are part of fractiousness!

    I read LTOTS in free e-book form, just clicking on the next chapter (but I do recall some disconnect, too; remember, this series takes place over a long period of time). The last chapter that was in the paperback compilation was decent though, IIRC.

    I am a few chapters into the new Maul book; I like books with short chapters. And there's a very interesting character in those first early chapters.
    Math was never little Timmy's strong suit.

    If LTOTS was set in one time period, it might be better. By the time you get into one chapter, it ends and hops to another time period.

    I like Schreiber. Really enjoyed Death Troopers and his other zombie-related novel. The in-laws got me a copy of Razor's Edge for Christmas. I didn't have the nerve to tell them I already had a copy, so I just waited until Lockdown came out and made an exchange.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO