Toys R Us' New Site Online

Toys R Us' New Site Online

Toys R Us and Amazon have parted ways, and the world's biggest toy store is now online.

We first brought you the story of Toys R Us and Amazon's split back on June 6th, and last night as June turned to July, the Toys R Us website went online. The new TRU site cannot use user accounts from their Amazon site, so customers can shop as guests or sign up a new account. If you preordered anything through the Amazon site that wasn't available at the time, unfortunately the order has been cancelled and a full refund has been given. The new site's address is, not surprisingly, www.ToysRUs.com .
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Great fun if you don't mind a $2 premium for the privilege of purchasing online. Scorch is available for $8.99
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    Scorch is available for $8.99
    I noticed that too, but if you click on him it says "Temporarily Not Available Online".
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

They ain't got much of anything, and the babiesrus.com is no better. This could be the final nail in the coffin of TRU. As much as I used to love them, it seems like it's time for them to shape up or give up the ghost.

And, hmmm, this "new" site looks suspiciously like a cross between amazon.com and walmart.com.
    Tommy, close your eyes.