Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you're the downloading sort, I would certainly not discourage checking out "Portland Oregon", ""Have Mercy", or "Mrs Leroy Brown" from that. Of course, every track on that album kicks arse.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I like alot of country music and many many other genres too
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

My all-time favorite songs:

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
    Hank Williams Jr. - A Country Boy Can Survive

I also loves me some Bluegrass: Ralph Stanley, Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs.

Hey big barada I see that you like Ralph Stanley...I'm originally from the same town as Ralph Stanley...a little place called Coeburn, VA...the last time I was there I saw Ralph in Walmart...anyhow, I like Ralph Stanley alot too...my mom even got his autograph for me at Captain Dee's seafood...

And as far as Johnny Cash goes...I swear he's a good friend...seriously, my grandmother had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery and I had to drive over six hours to go visit her...I was scared and the whole trip home all I listened to was Johnny Cash and it was like a good friend was riding in the car with me...can't explain how much I miss him. Merle Haggard is some good stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    I also loves me some Bluegrass: Ralph Stanley, Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs.
    On the rare occasion that I listen to country music on the digital music channels on cable TV, I'll turn on the bluegrass channel or classic country channel before I'll put on the modern country channel.

Ralph Stanley still gives me chills whenever I hear "Oh Death" from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack.

I have to recommend June Carter Cash, too, and not just the duets with Johnny. Press On and Wildwood Flower are the only two CDs by her I have, but they're both excellent. Her version of "Ring of Fire" from Press On tops even Johnny's version by a mile. Just an old woman with a creaky, yet haunting, voice, accompanied by an autoharp. It's beautiful.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Don't know if you know it or not chuxter, but June Carter Cash wrote "ring of fire" for Johnny...I like her version too...Oh death by Ralph Stanley was especially haunting...but he has other stuff too that's not that depressing...he did alot of stuff with his brother, Carter back in the 60's...Carters dead now, but their music is as good and timeless as anything else.