Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

just call me DADDY darthvyn

so i posted this elsewhere a while ago, but since my wife's into her second trimester, it's a safe bet i can let the whole world know... i'm gonna be a father! we're not finding out what the baby is, we've just been referring to it as "ziggy" (i was calling it "ziggy the zygote" for a while at the beginning, and it stuck...) the first ultrasound ziggy looked like a circus peanut, so it's become "ziggy the peanut."

ziggy's due to join us in mid-december, and i'm gearing up to inundate the child with both the star wars and spider-man worlds, regardless of sex, which, like i said, we're not finding out...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Congratulations to you and your wife. Kids make you age, but for the most part are a pleasure to raise as you instill your parenting skills.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Can we start calling you FFvyn?

But seriously, that is awesome!
    It seems like everyone is having babies lately.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Congrats Vyn. It's always good when SW/Comic Book nerds have kids because it means that I still have a chance.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    It's always good when SW/Comic Book nerds have kids because it means that I still have a chance.
    Actually... that's kinda sad.

Congrats darthvyn!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Congratulations!

you may want to start thinking of boys and girls names though otherwise you might find yourself using "ziggy" by default

Congrats vyncent. May the kid be as big a geek as you are.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Great news, Vyn. Keep us posted on the progress.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Congrats, I have a big extended family so I'm always around little ones and they can be a real joy, or when I'm working my PT job at Target, a real PAIN . I can't wait to have some in a few or more years.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Hey, congrats! I used to read Ziggy, but I feel he's gotten too preachy lately.

Boy, you're gonna have a tough time finding SW and Spidey baby toys... NOT!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)