My 2014 Culver City Car Show photos

Back on May 10th, I headed over to my town's 11th annual car show and snapped photos. I had no idea this car show had gotten so big, it was the first time I had gone in years, and had I known it was so massive I would likely have gone earlier in the day to spend more time with everything.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of the selected photos in the top gallery:

http://www.jtreviews.com/photos/Culver-Car-Show-2014/

I'll be putting up the regular ol' snapshots later, but these are the ones I enjoy the most.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nice work there JT those look really good!

And boo to you for having a password lock on your family photo's, and here I was thinking I'd finally see a picture of you!

Thanks JJB, glad you enjoyed them. Also, never seen that smiley before, what a find!

It's more for my family than for my privacy. You know, if you look carefully at the reflections in the cars, you might just catch a peek at a certain amateur photographer... although I think my face would be hidden behind the camera in them. So you'll just have to get to a convention and meet in person.

(although I thiiiink one of the LA guys might have posted on their FB a picture with all of us)

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ... a certain amateur photographer...
    How long have you been taking pictures? I ask because looking at those pics (and the other folders too) you have some really nice pics, and there are pictures you have that certainly were the result of putting some thought into what you were doing and wanted to capture. 7 For example on #17 you see the long length of the car. Once again, nice work!!!

Thank you for the kind words. I've been taking pictures for about 6 years now, but really started thinking about it when I got my DSLR 2 years ago, absorbing what makes up a photo by looking at photos that get my attention and then experimenting with my own shots, trying to play with lines and focus and light. It's an interesting medium, a lot of room for growth. My girlfriend is also interested in taking it up, so I've enjoyed sharing my meager knowledge and experience with her, handing over the camera is difficult but worth it as well.

This car show was just what I had been looking for, I like shooting still life objects and classic cars are so visual, they've always engaged me, so this time I had near-perfect light and an endless source of things to shoot, I decided instead of shooting a lot of whole-car shots I'd concentrate on badges and details, the filler cap or the iconic notches in a door.