Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bob Ross® Video Game Art Contest

I still can't believe someone is actually going through with the making of this game thinking it is a good idea but for you artistic types on SSG -- you might find this contest of interest.

Bob Ross® Video Game Art Contest

Bob Ross Interactive LLC is calling on the community to participate in the creation of the new Bob Ross® Video Game in a fantastic way – enter the official Bob Ross® Video Game Art Contest today!

Six lucky winners will have their paintings included in the high-density graphics of the Bob Ross® Video Game, right along with Bob’s own fantastic masterpieces. And one of those will be chosen as the grand winner, having his/her painting on the cover of the box, right along with Bob’s own fantastic masterpieces!

Contest opens July 4th 2006. Complete guidelines will be posted on www.agfrag.com and www.bobross.com in June.

Official Guidelines:

• Only landscape and seascape paintings completed using the Bob Ross Wet-on-Wet Technique® and Bob Ross® approved painting materials will be accepted.

• Submission must be the entrant’s own original work (following the instructions from Bob’s books and DVDs is encouraged)

• Entrants cannot be affiliated with Bob Ross Incorporated, AGFRAG Entertainment Group or Bob Ross Interactive LLC. Bob Ross Certified Instructors® are not eligible to enter their paintings, but are encouraged to involve their students in this contest.

• Entrants can submit up to three (3) paintings.

• Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.

• Each entrant will be required to assign all copyrights for submitted work to Bob Ross Interactive LLC.

• Each entrant will be required to authorize use of his or her name, brief biographical information and images for publicity and/or for publication to Bob Ross Interactive LLC, AGFRAG Entertainment Group and/or Bob Ross Incorporated.

• Contest entrants (residing in United States and Canada) are eligible for free shipping on the discounted ‘Bob Ross Master Kit with Extras’ Special Offer seen on bobross.com website. Call toll free 1-800-262-7677, mention code 1BRG and provide date/title of your submission when placing your order. (Cannot be combined with other discounts or special offers. Good one-time only. Not retroactive. UPS-ground shipping. Expires 9/10/06.)

• Entries may be received any time after July 4, 2006, but must be received or postmarked no later than midnight of September 15, 2006.

• The selection of the winning entries will take place at a reasonable time after the closing date of the contest. Judges will be Certified Bob Ross Instructors® chosen by Bob Ross Interactive LLC from a list recommended by Bob Ross Incorporated. Judges will serve without compensation.

• Entries failing to comply with any of these guidelines shall be disqualified from the contest. No guarantee is made that persons submitting disqualified entries will be notified in time to permit resubmittal.

• Bob Ross Interactive LLC reserves the right to change these rules at any time without advance notice. Changes will be posted on www.agfrag.com and www.bobross.com.

• How-To Submit Your Painting(s):

Via Internet:

1) Upload a jpg, tif or pdf file, image size 2.25”x3” at 72 dpi (or up to 640x480 resolution max) (no exceptions) for each submission to your website, or to a photo sharing website of your choice. Include the link to your images in your Official Entry Form email.

2) Select and copy Official Entry Form below, paste it into an email, complete the form and date. (Remember to include the link to your images in your Official Entry Form email).

3) Email completed Entry Form to BobRossGame@aol.com. (WARNING: Send only Entry Form to this email address, images/attachments WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.)

4) Please keep a higher-quality image for second call-backs, which will be requested along with the original painting.

or

Via Regular Mail:

1) Print out Official Entry Form below, complete the form, sign and date.

2) Include (a) photograph, or (b) disk with jpg, tif or pdf file, image size 2.25”x3” at 72 dpi (no exceptions) for each submission.

3) Mail to Bob Ross Interactive LLC, P.O. Box 936, Sterling, VA 20167

4) Please keep a higher-quality image for second call-backs, which will be requested along with the original painting.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Bob Ross® Video Game Art Contest Official Entry Form

Thank you for your interest in the Bob Ross Video Game Art Contest. Please submit this form with your entry or entries. One form per Entrant for up to the maximum of three (3) entries.

A. ENTRANT’S INFORMATION

Last Name of Entrant ____________________________

First Name & Middle Initial ____________________________

Birth Date ____________________________

Street Address ____________________________

City ____________________________

State ____________________________

Zip Code ____________________________

Daytime phone number ____________________________

Evening phone number____________________________

E-mail address____________________________

B. PAINTINGS

I am submitting ___1 ___2 ___3 Paintings, as follows:

Painting #1 –

Title: ___________________________________

Method of submission:

_photo/disk by mail

_via website: link ________________________

Painting #2 –

Method of submission:

_photo/disk by mail

Painting #3 –

Method of submission:

_photo/disk by mail

C. AGREEMENT

I hereby certify and agree that:

I have read and I understand the Official Terms and Conditions of the Bob Ross® Video Game Art Contest and by making this submittal those Official Terms and Conditions are binding.

I am not a Certified Ross Instructor, Certified Ross Wildlife Instructor, Certified Ross Floral Instructor or a Certified Ross Portrait Instructor.

I am not an employee or agent of Bob Ross Interactive LLC, AGFRAG Entertainment Group or Bob Ross Inc.

Every Painting being submitted is the personal work of the Entrant.

On behalf of myself the Entrant with full authority, being under no compulsion or duress, without further consideration I hereby irrevocably assign, transfer, convey and grant unto Bob Ross Interactive LLC, all rights and copyrights of every kind and character for each and every Painting hereby submitted and I will provide all such further cooperation and assurances as may be reasonably required by Bob Ross Interactive LLC to vest all such rights and copyrights therein.

Use without further consideration of the name, brief biographical information, and image of myself the Entrant in any medium is hereby authorized without limitation for purposes of publicity, promotion and advertising to and at the discretion of Bob Ross Interactive LLC, AGFRAG Entertainment Group and Bob Ross Inc.

I also understand that any Painting of mine which is selected may be subject to editing, cropping, recoloring, size distortion, and/or other changes so that it may have a different appearance in the final version that appears as part of the Video Game materials and I authorize all such changes at the discretion of Bob Ross Interactive LLC without limitation.

All references to Bob Ross Interactive LLC, AGFRAG Entertainment Group and Bob Ross Inc. includes all of their successors, assigns, and affiliates, as at present or as may exist in the future.

If Submitting by Regular Mail Sign and Date Below:

Signature ___________________________________

Date ______________________

If Submitting by E-mail, input your name, check below and insert the date:

Signature ___________________________________

Check here: ______

Date ______________________

=end=
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

You know, my wife bought me a Bob Ross starter kit a couple years ago, but I haven't done anything with it. Maybe now is the time to paint some happy little trees.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

This would be an especially interesting videogame if it were a first-person shooter with an M rating.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    This would be an especially interesting videogame if it were a first-person shooter with an M rating.
    I imagine this game will be something similar to the likes of the SNES game Mario Paint...and that is only if it reaches my "best case scenario" expectation.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

I never had SNES. How bad was Mario Paint?

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.agfrag.com/
    Press Release:
    In Production.
    Bob Ross Video Game.

Bob Ross Inc. has announced in March 2006 that they have filed a letter of intent to license to Joseph Hatcher's AGFRAG Entertainment Group to develop exclusively worldwide video/computer games based on Bob Ross' creative, unique and easy to learn painting techniques and TV show properties.

The Bob Ross video game, currently untitled, is planned to be developed for PC, the Nintendo DS handheld & on Nintendo's next-gen system coming later this year, code named Revolution. Release date was not announced. AGFRAG is currently seeking a publisher.

AGFRAG's Director of Development, Joseph Hatcher, has this to say about the announcement:

"I grew up watching Bob Ross on PBS and was always in awe of how quickly and smoothly he made these beautiful paintings, which helped inspire my creativity. There are generations that know Bob Ross and his painting techniques, and I want to share his talent with future generations in a new medium. "

"The Bob Ross game will utilize the unique inputs that the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Revolution have that can truly immerse the players while they learn to paint like Bob Ross and can play the addictive and fun games that we have planned for the title. I believe that Bob Ross Inc's and AGFRAG Entertainment Group's similar beliefs in independence, creativity, and teaching others will benefit how the game is developed and how the players of all ages will be able to enjoy this game. "

"I want the community to share with us their favorite Bob Ross shows, painting techniques, and what they’d like to see in the NDS and Revolution games. We want to keep the brush going."

The Joy of Painting is seen on nearly 300 public television stations throughout the United States, and is broadcast in Japan, Mexico, The Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Turkey, The Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Costa Rica, Canada, Colombia, Iran, Greece and others.
    Ok, so it will be for the Nintendo DS and Wii. That makes a little more sense for a painting game. But it almost sounds educational.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Mario Paint wasn't a bad game (it came with the SNES mouse accessory at least). There just wasn't a lot of interesting things you could do with it. Aside from a few mildly entertaining mini-games and sound effect things you could do the game was about on par with most paint shop add-ons you can buy for your PC today (minus the ability to print your artwork of course).

I couldn't paint to save my life, but I do resemble Bob Ross somewhat!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Yea Bob is smiling today.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'd enter, but I don't paint crap with crap materials.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!