Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    I finally got a Tex from Mervyn's and a Bling McQueen from Target. Wasn't actually planning on getting the latter but as it was just 2.99 and it's so hard to find anything new in this line, i figured what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I finally got a Tex from Mervyn's and a Bling McQueen from Target. Wasn't actually planning on getting the latter but as it was just 2.99 and it's so hard to find anything new in this line, i figured what the heck.
    You guys have Mervyn's with a toy department?! Man, I remember the good old days when Mervyn's had the second best toy department in the world - right behind Sears! One whole side of an aisle of Star Wars, quarter of an aisle of G.I.Joe and He-Man each...

Well, it's not much of a toy department - just a few shelves in the children's clothing dept. and almost everything is from Mattel. it's more of a seasonal thing as once the stuff sells out, there's no more trace of any toy dept.

But you're right, back in the day, they had quite a toy dept! i remember buying quite a lot of my ROTJ figures from there.

Ah, I see then. I've noticed that from time to time at my local Mervyn's stores as well.

Man do I miss their old toy department, though! I got most of the original SW twelve there. Well, there and at Kresge's...

I got a tongue mcqueen, bling bling mcqueen, RPM, and hydraulic Ramone. No sign of a yeti yet.

Cars News

I stashed RPM, Tex Dinoco, Bling Bling McQueen and Hydraulic Ramone at Burbank Target. Hootie and the Blowfish got there just after me, and looked disappointed. No sign of Yeti or Tongue McQueen. PM me for the 411.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Cars News

I stashed RPM, Tex Dinoco, Bling Bling McQueen and Hydraulic Ramone at Burbank Target. Hootie and the Blowfish got there just after me, and looked disappointed. No sign of Yeti or Tongue McQueen. PM me for the 411.
    Hootie and the Blowfish, codeword or the actual band members?

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Hootie and the Blowfish, codeword or the actual band members?
    that's one of our code names for one of the SoCal area scalpers

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    that's one of our code names for one of the SoCal area scalpers
    I hate scalpers. Keep hiding things maybe hopefully he'll hang himself eventually.