Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Thought you folks might enjoy this. This one won't be easy to come by for the casual collector.
    I've seen photos of it on another site. Is that part of your personal collection?

Also I attended the Pixar storyboarding panel at SDCC, led by story artist Ronnie del Carmen (actually it was only him). He did a great job leading us through the process that goes on in storyboarding.

As for Cars toys on display at SDCC, it looks like there aren't many movie cars coming out but there is an Incredibles Hauler!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I've seen photos of it on another site. Is that part of your personal collection?
    Yeah, that's mine. There are only supposed to be 2000 of those in existence (a little more than the total number of employees here) but I hear that unfortunately some of them were stolen from the factory and put up for sale on eBay. Of course, it does give some fans a chance at owning one where there would otherwise be none. You'd have to be willing to spend some money on it, though, and I really don't advocate buying stolen property on the internet.

Also I attended the Pixar storyboarding panel at SDCC, led by story artist Ronnie del Carmen (actually it was only him). He did a great job leading us through the process that goes on in storyboarding.
    Ronnie is awesome! Turns out was unknowingly a fan even before I knew who he was - he drew one of my favorite Aliens comics ever!

Hey RooJay any word on a sequel to cars... I thought there was talk about a Cars 2 ?

just curious. if you can't say anything about it that's cool. just wondering.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Yeah, that's mine. There are only supposed to be 2000 of those in existence (a little more than the total number of employees here) but I hear that unfortunately some of them were stolen from the factory and put up for sale on eBay. Of course, it does give some fans a chance at owning one where there would otherwise be none. You'd have to be willing to spend some money on it, though, and I really don't advocate buying stolen property on the internet.

Ronnie is awesome! Turns out was unknowingly a fan even before I knew who he was - he drew one of my favorite Aliens comics ever!
    He didn't talk about any of his work pre Pixar but apparently he worked on both BTAS and Batman Beyond so that makes me unknowingly a fan as well.

DarkArtist, Cars 2 will be Pixar's next release.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Hey RooJay any word on a sequel to cars... I thought there was talk about a Cars 2 ?

just curious. if you can't say anything about it that's cool. just wondering.
    Out in June!

can't wait till June then....Loved the first and can't wait to see what they will do with the sequel.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Today was a lot of sightings for me in Hot Wheels, so I figure I'll put a post in this thread.

Picked up 2013 new release Arrow Dynamic on short card, this is a really nice-looking little low-slung car, somewhat between a pro go-cart and a formula car so I guess inspired by the Ariel Atom and those sorts. The Arrow Dynamic has a clear dark blue upper body with a single seat and cutouts. Aside from the wheels and uppermost body shell panel, the car is 2 pieces of ZAMAC, that's a lot of metal for HW these days. I don't really get the pun name, it doesn't have any arrow characteristics I can determine. The card art on the big card shows black lower body, I'm glad they painted the actual toy white instead as it stands out better. Unfortunately for kids, this is in the "great for track" subline, but any open-wheeler is bound to get a bent axle from a powered Hot Wheels track.

Also picked up the 2012 Mystery Machine, you know, from Scooby Doo. They did a great job, only thing botched is there's no tampo for the front. But the shape is perfect, very fun.

Spotted but didn't pick up the new DC Universe Hot Wheels Joker car, Mr Freeze car, and I think the line has a Batmobile re-release. The Joker car is ok, but the Mr Freeze car looked very good, I'd love to see that one re-released in the mainline.

Also spotted from that branded HW alternate line the new Power Rangers Hot Wheels, kinda surprised they're doing these but they only had 2 left - Red Ranger and Blue Ranger. They are quite unique toolings.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.