Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Had a Yeti this morning at Target, but it rang up "recall" and the supervisor snatched it away and ordered all other cars returned to the backroom. IT WAS IN MY HAND...SO CLOSE!!

You should've just stashed it for yourself Speck!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    What you should have done is explain to them that the recall is VOLUNTARY meaning if the consumer chooses to send it back. If someone is too friggin lazy to wash their hands after touching the thing then they shouldn't have bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    What you should have done is explain to them that the recall is VOLUNTARY meaning if the consumer chooses to send it back. If someone is too friggin lazy to wash their hands after touching the thing then they shouldn't have bought it.
    Very good point. People seem to be acting as if this were mandatory and also acting as if the cars were coated with uranium. On another board, I pretty much got trampled upon for suggesting otherwise.

Very good point. People seem to be acting as if this were mandatory and also acting as if the cars were coated with uranium. On another board, I pretty much got trampled upon for suggesting otherwise.
    Tell them the voice of reason is here on SSG. Lead is as dangerous as one allows it to be, it won't harm you if you keep things in mind like washing hands and not snorting the friggin dust from it. I bet those people snorted it . I have some old lead based star trek ships from the 80's and the wrath of khan FASA sets. The Akula class Russian SSN attack sub from crimson tide the movie was a giant 6 foot lead model. Somewhere around 3-6 feet I think. I think the leading edge games T2 future soldier set I have is also lead based or something.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    It doesn't matter because it's a corporate decision. The individual stores don't have anything to do with it. I talked to an employee today and he said it's common knowledge only the Sarge has the lead (potential) problem, but that it's Target corporate that's responsible for the "Do Not Sell" thing. That's not done locally.

It sucks that they're being myopic even at the headquarter level, but it's pointless to argue let alone get really angry at the employees(unless of course they act like jerks). It's not going to accomplish anything.

Having said that, I would definitely stash a Yeti or any other Cars vehicle I want in the meantime because chances are they're going to be okayed and put back out to be sold.
    Galactic Barn Burner

When I called Exoticar this morning I was informed that ALL diecast vehicles have been delayed because of Mattel's cover-up. At least my Corgi Star Trek didn't get delayed.

I didn't know it was still recalled. When the supervisor took it away, I couldn't ask for it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I didn't know it was still recalled. When the supervisor took it away, I couldn't ask for it back.
    The a--hole probably planned on getting one for his kid or nephew so he decided to snake yours from your hands.

Does anyone know when this recall is going to end so that the pegs can be re-stocked?