Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What the He** happened at WM?

I went into WM tonight and headed to the toy asile to pick up some stufff for JJReason and Darth Instigator. To my shagrin more than 3/4 of the SW merch was gone. All the VTSC, all the Titanium gift packs and Figures. I couldnt find them anywhere. I asked the person in toys and they said they packed em up and didnt know if they were shipping them back or holding them for clearance. Sorry Darth Instigator, they got rid of the 5 pack you needed.

They took down the stuff and replaced it with Superman returns stuff, which already had an island display and now takes up 1/4 the action figure wall.

Has this happened anywhere else?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have three WM by my house and they all showed a decrease in space in the toy isle, one even had no SW in there toy isle for 2 months. but i did recently notice SW stock returning

I have a feeling Superman stuff will be warming. Maybe Wal-mart over-estimated their ordering and thought Superman would be the 'it' toy of the summer. From my local scene experience POTC and Cars are hard to find, but Superman doesn't get touched much.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    I have a feeling Superman stuff will be warming. Maybe Wal-mart over-estimated their ordering and thought Superman would be the 'it' toy of the summer. From my local scene experience POTC and Cars are hard to find, but Superman doesn't get touched much.

I think the same. Superman stuff is way too much. Didnt they learn anything from the Spidey 2 toys? How can you have 36 variations of Superman and two villians?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thankfully, neither of my nearby WMs have gotten rid of any SW stuff yet. The regular WM has fewer spaces than the Supercenter but that's always how it is.

my local WM has been my one stop for the tatooine wave and so i hope the same thing doesn't happen there.

kh, you should know better than to ask anyone working in the toy dept!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    I think the same. Superman stuff is way too much. Didnt they learn anything from the Spidey 2 toys? How can you have 36 variations of Superman and two villians?
    And before Spderman 2, the Hulk stuff had the same fate. Like you I can't see the thrill on 6 different supermans than two 'other' characters. Shows how we are really spoiled getting the background SW's figure we do.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    Here in L.A., I haven't seen any "other" character toys for Superman- not a single Lex Luthor, or Lois Lane- just tons of stupid variations of Supes. Honestly, how much fun is a Superman doll without a villain to fight against?

I don't know, my store hasn't clearanced anything out yet. We still have the same stuff we have had over the past several months
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

? I will have to go by my WMs to see if this has happened.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.