Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark Horse Comics' DARK TIMES - the rise of the Imperial Era

Dude, I just read SirSteve's post about this and this comic with Palpatine, Vader, and the last of the Jedi dying sounds very cool.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It might just turn into a Highlander style countdown though. I liked Purge, but the idea is not strong enough to carry a whole series.

Who is writing it?

It could be, if it's handled better than Purge was. The writing on that was a bit. . . lacking.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I do not understand the complaints about Purge. It is a good illustration of obsession, obedience, and how the Emperorm usese those to manipulate Vader. (Think aobut it. The Emperor tells Vader to calm down, as a means os making him more of a Sith.)

You don't feel sympathy for any of the Jedi, even the previously established Bultar Swan. I can't consider a book like this to be well-written unless both the heroes and villains are fleshed out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Jedi are not the point of the story though. Stories do not exist for the characters. Characters exist for a premise. Focusing on characters, leads to fan-wank. Fan-wank leads to the dark-side.

This is the story I wish one of the movies of the PT was about. It's what I'm interested in reading about, and hoping some of the tv show will be about.

Sounds like a good series. Makes me wonder if Legacy or KOTOR are ending, Dark Times is only a temp line, or they'll tell 3 ongoing series.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic
    This is the story I wish one of the movies of the PT was about. It's what I'm interested in reading about, and hoping some of the tv show will be about.

Sounds like a good series. Makes me wonder if Legacy or KOTOR are ending, Dark Times is only a temp line, or they'll tell 3 ongoing series.
    I'll be asking that and reporting the answers each day after Comic Con. We'll have Dark Horse's Star Wars news covered for sure!

I wished Rogue Leader wasn't such a short run.

Oh - KOTOR has solicited for up to issue 10 even, so it will be continuing.
    Legacy will also be an on-going title.

Dark Times is anyone's guess until Comic Con.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm looking forward to Dark Times, and Legacy has me much more interested after I read the 2nd issue.

KOTOR however, I'm losing interest in that one. I'll give it a few more issues....

The first issue of Dark Times came out on Wednesday and it is really good.

I think it clarrifies what was going on in the galaxy as the Emperor ascended to power. Believe it or not - there were not enough stormtroopers to keep the order (and a lot less Jedi used to?) That needs to be explained a little more. There were between 10,000 and 20,000 Jedi in the galaxy in total. But there were 1.6 million clones developed or being developed during AOTC. We know there was to be much more. (3 million Americans fought in WWI for comparison - and that's just one planet!)

Meanwhile, there are 4 on-going Star Wars series:

4,000 years before Yavin - Knights of the Old Republic - set 30 years before the video game

19 years before Yavin - Dark Times - set immediately after ROTS

Immediately after Yavin and then on - Rebellion - before ESB

150 years after ROTJ or so, Legacy - after the Dark Nest etc.