Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

question about Master / Paduwan inconsistency

I noticed while my kids were watching the Empire Strikes Back in the van that Luke hears Obi-wan's voice while flying in his X-wing, and Obi-Wan says for him to go to Degobah and find yoda, his master or teacher (something to that affect). Was that something they couldn't fix when making the prequels, cause Qui-Gon would be his Master, no? Not Yoda.
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

it's just one of the continuity problems with the prequels and OT. however, in AOTC we see that yoda instructs groups of younglings. it's not that much of a stretch to see obi-wan as having had yoda as a teacher. as obi says, truth depends much on your point of view.

ahh ok, gotcha
    Order66

Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

if memory serves, he says that Yoda is the Jedi Master who "instructed him" and in many ways, he did. You can see Yoda giving Obi-Wan advice in TPM, AOTC, and ROTS. Yoda was just never Obi-Wan's master.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

yea but the implication doesn't seem to be that deep, whereas he doesn't say my master Qui-Gon but I guess for that scene he cant very well tell Luke to go visit Qui-Gon now can he?
    Order66

You what I think it is? A case of bad story telling, plain and simple. Make up an excuse you want for George Lucas (he's sure to have a lot to pick from at this), but think it just poor form.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

There's no way that this guy isn't a troll - read the username and look at the threads he's started...trouble written all over him.

who are you referring to?
    Order66

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Instigator
    who are you referring to?
    Caesar can't let go of the mystery of "Who is Slicker'sMom?"

well please if you say it enough times people will start to believe it, especially since whatever you are suggesting isn't true. PM me you can call me and interrogate me if you choose but leave it off the boards.
    Order66