Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dud Bolt and Mars Guo 2-pack looks really good, don't they?

Dud Bolt and Mars Guo 2-pack looks really good, don't they?

After so many rehashes and a majority of non-new sculpts in the Saga 2 collection, the Podracer 2-pack is truly a highlight. I love the way they are carded, too.

So far, totally new sculpts this year (I think):

JAN
    Leia Boussh
    Bib Fortuna
    ------------
    FEB
    General Veers
    Major Derlin
    -----------
    MAR
    Scorch
    Sun Fac
    Sora Bulq
    ----------
    APR
    Firespeeder Pilot
    Lushros Dofine
    Commander Cody (sort of)
    -------------
    MAY - more like Jun.
    Hem Dazon
    Garindan
    Momaw Nadon
    R5D4
    ---------------
    JUN - yeah right - maybe Jul.
    Chief Chirpa
    Moff Jerjerrod (I think - else it's Veers' body)
    Death Star Gunner
    C-3PO Ewok Diety
    ---------------
    JUL - don't count on it until maybe Sep.
    Luke Endor Gear (maybe)
    Endor Rebel Soldier (I think)
    Gragga
    Rep Been
    Dud Bolt / Mars Guo
    Naboo Flight Technician

Hasbro seemed to repack at the beginning and after they made some profits doing the minimal amount of work, they added more and more completely new sculpts to the cases as they progressed this year.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, some of these are really great. Out of the list so far here is what I bought.

JAN
    Leia Boussh
    Bib Fortuna
    Both for some strange reason. I guess they looked really good or I was high on just finding anything at all.
    ------------

FEB
    General Veers I've wanted this one for a long time X2
    Major Derlin Same as above
    -----------

MAR
    Scorch Not my cup of tea, too cartoony
    Sun Fac Not sure why I passed on this one, but I did
    Sora Bulq Sweet figure & I like me Jedi
    ----------

APR
    Firespeeder Pilot Nicely done, picked up several
    Lushros Dofine Nice sculpt & I liked the pack ins
    Commander Cody Bought 4, three for me & 1 for Brandon
    -------------

MAY - more like Jun.
    Hem Dazon Most likely a pick up when I see it
    GarindanI may purchase this, have to see it in person
    Momaw Nadon Like it, will buy it
    R5D4 Sold x2, it replaces the craptacular POTF version

---------------
    JUN - yeah right - maybe Jul.
    Chief Chirpa Need more Ewoks
    Moff Jerjerrod Like me Imperials
    Death Star Gunner This ones going to kick a** x 2
    C-3PO Ewok DietySame as above, about time
    ---------------
    JUL - don't count on it until maybe Sep.
    Luke Endor Gear Could be the one we are all waiting for, I'll reserve judgement until I have it
    Endor Rebel Soldier Love the improvement, sold
    Gragga
    Rep Been
    Dud Bolt / Mars Guo
    Not sure where or if they are going to fit into my plans
    Naboo Flight Technician Love the look, wish he had a trenchcoat x2

All in all, I think Hasbro has done a stellar job getting some new sculpts into the mix. Some of the re-hashes like Obi-wan from TPM should have been better IMHO (ala Obi Pilot from ROTS), but if they have the mold they are going to use it to save on the costs of the new sculpts. (bummer for anyone looking for a new Obi from TMP) Still looking for some more Padme figures myself as they have been extremely scarce so far. Hopefully in 2007 they continue this trend & it looks like they will so far (Vos etc) & that makes me a happy camper.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

i was going to pass on this since i'm not that into the podracers but now i'm reconsidering.

These do look very nice. Here's hoping that they sell well so we have a better chance at seeing some of the other podracers get released sooner.

I'm really happy with the choice of the two. They're known enough to SW fans to be bought, but obscure enough that they're figures I didn't think we'd have anytime soon.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Don't forget about the Death Star gunner. He's a new sculpt - and he looks great with his removeable helmet and armor!

AT-AT driver was a new sculpt too, wasn't it?

I thought both of those were at least partially related to the TIE Pilot.

Wasn't Jabba's Palace Han a new sculpt?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yeah, that's right, Carbo-Han and AT-AT Driver are new sculpts (AT-AT Driver isn't based on the Tie Pilot sculpt, but it's very similar).

How could I forget about the AT-AT Driver???? He's my favorite figure so far this year!

D/brandon do not pass up sun fac, I think it's one of the best Geonosians out there! He is a great scuplt with good articulation and can actually stand and pose real well.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

I listed the Death Star Gunner as a new sculpt.

I wasn't sure about the AT-AT Driver or Han Carbonite - whether they were new sculpts or not. I didn't need the AT-AT Driver for my scenes and thus didn't buy him as I have my 1998's for my only AT-AT (deployed on Hoth) and I won't be getting or needing one on Endor.

As to Han Carb - well I wasn't sure but thought that he was a rehash of the one that came with the 1998 Jabba's Palace cardboard diorama with the unfrozen carbonite block. The head might be slightly different in the new bobble-neck style, but I didn't need him for any diorama, thus never bought him. It's such a resculpt even if it is new, that I really wasn't impressed to even look at it.

I would buy a DELUXE Han Carbonite, where you had like 4 (thin) layers you could use with a figure that fit COMPLETELY in a closing carbonite coffin:

1) SA Han Solo with interchangeable hands so you could pose him in the frozen pose, or use him in the Sarlaac Battle with a gun.

2) the back of the carbonite block with the impression for the figure to lie in (just like the Jabba's Palace cardboard).

3) a clear front with red tint to it - so you can see your action figure inside the block, defreezing - harkens back to the KENNER figure of 1985's POTF coin collection days. This top snaps shut sealing the Han figure in between 2 layers of plastic carbonite coffin.

4) a solid front that's opaque, similar to the prop accessory that comes with Slave 1 or the original Han Carbonite figure, but that is sculpted out to fit with the action figure inside it, and snaps to the carbonite coffin base that holds Han on his back. His interchangeable hands fit into the front in the frozen pose.

Since you effectively get 3 carbonite block pieces (use 2 at a time on average) plus the figure, this would be great for a deluxe assortment and the definative Han Solo figure. It might be able to be carded as a basic figure IF all 3 pieces of the carbonite block could be fit together in the package (the melted front layer under the opaque on, and the Han figure put on top - but I'd be willing to pay $9 -15 for this figure (of course it's a bargain at $6)

Oh - and they should do a better headsculpt and capture Harrison Ford's likeness as they do on the VOTC Han (but with wet hair)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.