Because of Comic-Con interrupting Hasbro's schedule, questions for the week of July 14th cannot be asked, and Hasbro won't be taking new questions until at least July 28th, so we're going to modify the voting process for this round by doubling the number of votes allowed, and pushing the most recent top-voted questions to the #1-3 slots.
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked at the next opportunity, possibly July 28th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 7.0 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, vote for it again.
Don't forget, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions; and from other sites.
Current questions (vote for up to 6):
Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!
- - Zizzle has released a 2.5-foot-long Black Pearl pirate ship for their Pirates of the Carribean 4" figure line for around $50. In light of this, why hasn't Hasbro done Jabba's Sailbarge yet, especially when Star Wars is the more popular brand?
- - Could we get a US release of the Eopie Creature from the Episode I line which to date has only been released in non-US countries?
- - What are the chances of Hasbro producing a Millennium Falcon vehicle that's actually in-scale (1/18th) with the action figures? If not, what about at least an all-new, larger Falcon with more interior play areas?
- - Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- - Will the 501st Clonetrooper using the Super Articulated body ever be made available on a basic card?
- - What is the status of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- - What is the status of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- - What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?
- - Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- - Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- - I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- - Are more properties aside from Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and Transformers planned for the 3" vehicle and 6" Ultra Titanium lines?
- - On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro consider hiring collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- - Will there be more Original Trilogy based 3 3/4" figure battlepacks?
- - What are the chances of having a Collector's Society program where fans could buy toys directly (through HasbroToyShop.com perhaps, like how the GI Joe 3 3/4" line is currently offered) that Hasbro thinks wouldn't sell well in regular stores, such as an AT-TE, Sith Inflitrator, and new playsets?
With the recent announced conclusion of the 2006 The Saga Collection, does this also mean the end of the "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and/or a new packaging design for the 2007 series?
- - With each figure having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- - Which version of the Jedi Starfighter will be offered in the Titanium Series Ultra 6" Vehicle line, the Episode 2 or Episode 3 version?
- - What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- - Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- - Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
- - Might you re-release the Naboo Fighter (last seen in Episode 2, for which there was no toy release) with appropriately-chromed aka vacuum-metallized sections?
- - What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- - Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- - If a figure made the top 25 of the Fan Choice Poll, does that give the figure more of a chance to be made?
- - What are the chances of seeing more "battle-damaged" human characters (such as Qui-Gon, Shmi, and Owen & Beru Lars)? Are they considered too gruesome for release?
- - In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke and Obi-Wan figures?
- - Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- - Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- - Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- - Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- - What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- - Will Hasbro ever produce a figure of the Imperial Trooper in space at the Death Star trench's guns watching as the Millennium Falcon is being tractored into the Death Star? This is different from the Expanded Universe Spacetrooper.
- - Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
- - With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- - Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- - Will the Republic Gunship turret from the 2002 Saga line's Clone Trooper Republic Gunship Pilot ever make a comeback? Will there be a version more in scale with the figures?
- - What is the selection process for characters to be made into figures, and what is the best way for fans to increase the chances of the release for a certain figure?
- - Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
- - Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?
- - If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- - What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?
- - What are the chances that Hasbro will make Yarna D'al Gargan (Fat Dancer in Jabba's Palace) in 2007, after 2007, or if definitively not, has Hasbro actively decided that she will never be made?
Now that ToyFare has revealed the winners of their Fan Choice poll, any chance we could see how the top 25 figures ranked in the ToyFare poll, 1-25 order?
- - Is it an objective of Hasbro's to eventually make every character that had a speaking role in the films - whether or not they interacted with core characters - into action figures? Nearly all these characters have been given names by Lucasfilm or EU authors.
- - Many Imperial, Rebel, and other-faction lower-rank troopers seen in minor roles in the films have been given names and backstories in the EU. Any chance of seeing these minor individual 'grunts' released as individual character figures thus lending satisfaction for collectors when the names and individual likenesses of these troopers see action figure recognition, as well as another way of bringing greater variety to the various trooper ranks?
- - Why doesn't Hasbro include basic figure pack-ins that we can actually use (eg: clear stands; Mouse Droids; Senate Cams; Sith Probes; extra accessories like on and off lightsabers, commlinks, scanners, pilot headsets, oxygen masks, backpacks) instead of gimmicks like holo-mini-figs and coins?
- - In light of Hasbro making an ethnicity variation on the upcoming Endor Rebel Soldier figure, is there a possibility of ethnic variations for other figures that warrant it like a Black Bespin Guard or Rebel Pilot, especially since there was a Black Bespin Guard in the vintage Kenner line?