Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TRU has really fallen behind compared to WM and Target...

There are two TRUs in my neck of the woods. One hasn't recieved any Star Wars figs past the Hoth wave, while the other doesn't have anything past the Geonosis wave, with the exception of VTSC. So all I see are pegs full of Vaders, Greedos or Poggles. Meanwhile my Targets have the Tatooine wave readily available. It just makes me sad that the once-favorite toy store was knocked from its perch.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

They were always behind, they dont sell, because they never clearance anythiung. I am sure they have OTC stuff still on the pegs for full price too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

and they can't compete with WM or Target in prices. WM/Target can sell toys much cheaper for little or no profit since they have plenty of other merchandise that flies off the shelves. Since TRU is dependent on toy sales for their profit they can't match the prices. Since nothing is bought, the shelves stagnate with old product.

My local Toys R Us is well ahead of Target and Wal-Mart in my area. They have more product, more diversity of product and more recent product.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

The TRUs around here suck bad. They hardly ever get new stuff in, and when they do, it hardly ever hits the pegs. Usually gets snagged by a corrupt manager or employees that are getting their palms greased by scalpers.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags
    The TRUs around here suck bad. They hardly ever get new stuff in, and when they do, it hardly ever hits the pegs. Usually gets snagged by a corrupt manager or employees that are getting their palms greased by scalpers.
    "YOU KNOW HOW IT IS"
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

We've got a few TRUs around here, but I only go to one of them with any regularity. They seem to have new product every time I go in there, and their prices beat Target for the most part. My Target's have been slacking... maybe something new once in a blue moon, but not much. The Wal*Marts around here really suck. I was wandering in there about once a week to look, but I don't bother much at all now.

I think it all boils down to the particular store for all of these places.
    plasticfetish.net

truth be told, my local TRU was the first place where i found VTSC figures and thus far, they're the only place where i've seen the hoth unleashed. however, they also still have pegfuls of ROTS and because these pegwarmers were previously stored in a bin, they're totally thrashed and just rotting there.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    There are two TRUs in my neck of the woods. One hasn't recieved any Star Wars figs past the Hoth wave, while the other doesn't have anything past the Geonosis wave, with the exception of VTSC. So all I see are pegs full of Vaders, Greedos or Poggles. Meanwhile my Targets have the Tatooine wave readily available. It just makes me sad that the once-favorite toy store was knocked from its perch.
    Suprised? TRU here in West Texas is another way of saying, "Don't bother freaking shopping here, we don't carry toys anymore...."
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    They were always behind, they dont sell, because they never clearance anythiung.
    That's exactly it. If they'd clearance they'd get rid of old stock and make some of the money back that they spent on the stock. If they end up going under it's of there own design.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!