Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Sideshow's 12" Jabba the Hutt

I can hardly believe it! We are finally getting a 12" scale Jabba et al! June 21st...of next year? Now that is an advance preview.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'm in absolute shock. What an AMAZING idea - what AMAZING execution. Great job, Sideshow.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

No, July 21st of this year, 2 days from now. They made a typo, it's corrected now.

I wonder what it'll be made of, the way it's sculpted in that photo I don't think it could move even 1 arm, so I'm guessing it's a flexible outer material.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can't believe it. This is a great way to start off the line.

Here is the Preview pic if you haven't seen it showing all five pieces to Jabba's Palace.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Damn, I dont have the money for it. I wish it was next year.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

1:6 scale Jabba with Dias is out of control cool! I will own it all - lord knows where I will put it, but I'll figure it out. Hell, I'll put him out on my patio and scare away the pesky birds!

I am very happy Sideshow has the 12" license - just awsome!
    Real men buy Willrow

All of it looks brilliant, but WHAT is with the short notice? (...and no hint of the price.)

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    I wonder what it'll be made of, the way it's sculpted in that photo I don't think it could move even 1 arm, so I'm guessing it's a flexible outer material.
    If you dig around the Sideshow site you can find a 3-D view of the figure, and from looking at that I'd say it's going to be one big rotocast vinyl figure, with two articulated arms.
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 07-20-2006 at 01:35 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

Abosolutely Awesome. Words can't express the complete and utter coolness of the Jabba stuff. I'm more stoked now about collecting I almost want to cry. Between this and the newly announced Neca MOTU stuff I'm gonna explode.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Yeah, that short notice seems kinda shady and then to only have it going for 5 days?!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well I saw Jabba in person and he is amazing!

It made me rethink having not ordered the 12" Luke Skywalker as I'd always hoped for Jabba, but planned to use my Hasbro 12" with him:

Leia Boussh from Hasbro
    Luke Jedi from Hasbro
    12" Chewie in Chains (ha!)
    Lando in Skiff Disguise
    Han Carbonite Block
    Gamorrean Guard
    Hasbro Bib Fortuna
    12" Electronic Boba Fett

Actually, most of them still won't look half bad. Leia Boussh from SideShow is really tempting. I'll probably skip that.

But Jabba set me back:

$119 for Jabba
    $199 for his throne
    $32 for all the little creatures like Salacious:
    ------------
    $350 for the whole thing, plus tax, plus shipping

- and spent in the first 5 minutes I walked into Comic Con! I'm hopeless!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.