Page 1 of 85 123451151 ... LastLast

The Dark Knight (New Batman film)

I'm starting a new thread as rumors and info are starting to circulate and it'll get its own thread eventually.

Joker has supposedly been cast, according to SHH with news they got from Latino Review:

We were first to tell the world that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman. Now here we are at it again as we just got word from A VERY TRUSTED SOURCE that the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the Batman Begins Sequel!
    alright, i was really hoping for Crispin Glover, but Heath Ledger? I was thinking about this at work (my bro called from chicago to share the rumor) and the more i think about it, the more i think it'll work. The work i've seen Ledger in i've always been impressed (and no, i haven't seen "Brokeback Mountain"), but just judging from his work and personality, he can make Joker the sadistic bastard he always should've been.

Let's start the hype; thoughts?!?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Jack Nicholson will ALWAYS be the PERFECT Joker. Shoulda just recast him.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    while i agree jack is the perfect joker, he's getting too old to be recast in the role. glover would've been a great choice, but he's just creepy - don't know he could totally pull of the twisted humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    And that was 17 years ago. I agree, Jack was perfect, but he's way too old. And the new ones are a totally different Batman series than the 89-97 movies.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Heath Ledger? Huh. I mean he's in no way a bad actor, but I don't know if he can pull off the Joker. I just hope they kill off Katie Holmes' character and bring in a real actress like Rachel McAdams. BTW, I also heard Harvey Dent will play a prominent role in the sequel. Clive Owen, anyone?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Ledger will suck as the Joker.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I seem to recall reading that Ledger was going to take a break from acting to raise his kid. I say Benicio del Toro would be a good Joker. Watch "Sin City" and you'll see what I mean.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    Ledger will suck as the Joker.
    Yea, I'm not digging the selection either.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Relax, kids! You haven't even seen the flick and you're passing judgment. I trust Chris Nolan and his decisions. Obviously, he sees something in Heath that is right for the role.

Keep your fanboy capes on and relax!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I am intrigued by the idea of Heathcliff as The Joker. Could be interesting.

I was never a big fan of the '89 Batman movie so when it comes to Jack, meh, sure he did a good job but I wasn't crazy about that movie.