Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tmnt

Tmnt

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/tee...mnt_large.html

I think this looks pretty sick. Any thoughts?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

The aesthetic is weird, like a whole new cartoony look crossed with the suits of the movies. That bit with Mikey falling in the trash gave me a bad feeling, and the whole thing felt like a direct-to-video outing that they're bumping up to theatrical. I hope it works better than I am suspecting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought this was going to be live action.
    Oh man, I hope this ends up being decent.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I never thought the TMNT were interesting live-action....put I loved their other media....especially that arcade game...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I liked the teaser trailer, though im curious about what the storyline will be like. Im assuming it will involve them rescuing April O'Neil and battling the Shredder though. My younger brother thought it was awesome.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

i'm diggin' it... i thought the gag at the end with mike was spot-on, with the rest of them taking themselves so seriously it was a good ending. i mean, c'mon - the original comic was a parody of all comics of that era - everything was either a teenager, a mutant, or a ninja. it has to be tounge-in-cheek...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Okay, guys, I was at that panel at Comic-Con. (Right now, I feel like I was the only person here who went.) There's no need to be hating. This movie is in good hands. The director actually bought a copy of TMNT #1, first printing, way back in 1985. No one did that except for true fans. I'll wager even those of us who were old enough to have been able to do that didn't hear about the Turtles for a few more years.

Munroe seems to know what made the Turtles great in all their incarnations (except the 90s live-action show), and hold a special fondness for the darkness and humor of the early Mirage days. If not, he fooled about 500-1000 people, all of whom were in awe of what we saw and heard. And we got to see a little more than just the trailer, and it is a gorgeously animated movie.

If this isn't the second best movie next year after that glorious film with Venom (and some other web-spinning guy, too), or maybe third after that and Pirates 3: Chow Yun Fat Kicks The Monkey's Butt, I will eat my hat. I swear it to you.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm liking what I've seen, and El Chuxter's endorsement has been taken to heart as well. I'm very much waiting for March.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    If this isn't the second best movie next year after that glorious film with Venom (and some other web-spinning guy, too), or maybe third after that and Pirates 3: Chow Yun Fat Kicks The Monkey's Butt, I will eat my hat. I swear it to you.
    That's a bold promise, this movie is still under the Warner Bros studio name, and Kevin Munroe has exactly NO previous experience to his credits, so he has no power to keep meddling hands out; and the 2 main producers, 1 has never produced a film and the other produced only 2 previous movies: the live-action TMNT 2 (Secret of the Ooze) and TMNT 3 (Turtles Back in Time). Plus, the whole thing looks like a video game cut scene, not surprising since the director and a lot of others involved have only video game credits under their belts. I hope it works, I really do, but I will remain skeptical until the last frame of the movie passes my eyes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    TMNT 3 (Turtles Back in Time)
    HA!! I have caught the mighty JediTricks in an error! There is no "Back" in the subtitle of TMNT 3.

I expect a Bad Song Lyric of Shame immediately, Mr Tricks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.