Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack and more

I just read this somewhere:

from the Hasbro Q and A:

Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack SIX of officers. Vader, Tarkin, Motti, Tagge, Officer Cass, Chief Bast, General Wolf Yaluran. Exclusive to Previews/Diamond Comics.

Republic Commando Squad Battle Pack exclusive to Entertainment Earth, HasbroToyShop and StarWarsShop.com. (Sev, Fixer, Delta 38, and Scorch battle three Geonosians!) Available November 1, 2007.

OMG - I am SO HAPPY - I've been wanting the Deathstar breifing since I saw SW back in '79!!!!!

And the battle squad pack is a very nice addition too!!

There's sneaky pics of five officers that have been discussed in the 30th anniversary forum. It looks pretty damn sweet.

A Republic Commando pack sounds AWESOME! Maybe I won't have to worry about getting Scorch, then.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

You can order the Commando's on SWS.com
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

The Imperial Officers may be the one thing I end up being excited about from what Hasbro revealed at this convention!

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...=5594&zoneid=2

Here's the full Q&A from GH:
    Hasbro's Q&A session at Comic-Con has become an institution. The top manufacturer of boys toys and action figures meet the collectors who love their products. It's a geek love-in with a hint of interrogation, and the crowd goes wild for it.

Key Points

New "Cinema Scenes" Concept: New concept with multiple figures in one box (old, new, and kitbashed) in scene-specific packaging. Highlights include a Star Destroyer Bridge, Death Star Escape, and Bounty Hunters.

Basic Figures: The Saga line will continue (22 figures!) past its originally planned lifespan with an assortment of army builders and key figures, as we reported previously. The Greatest Battles reissues will also continue into the fall season.

Seven total Star Wars tins, six mass releases and one exclusive. The exclusive Modal Nodes Cantina Band will be found at Wal*Mart.

Saesee Tiin's Jedi Star Fighter will be a mass release.

Kit Fisto's Jedi Star Fighter and Rebel Snowspeeder exclusive to Target.

Mace Windu's Attack Battalion Battle Pack exclusive to Target.

The Dagobah X-Wing Fighter, Endor AT-AT, and grey variant TIE Fighter (newly tooled hatch) are exclusive to Toys'R'Us.

Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack SIX of officers. Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Motti, Commander Tagge, Officer Cass, Chief Bast, Colonel Wullf Yularen. Exclusive to Previews/Diamond Comics.

Republic Commando Squad Battle Pack exclusive to Entertainment Earth, HasbroToyShop and StarWarsShop.com. (Sev, Fixer, Delta 38/Boss, and Scorch battle three Geonosians!)

2007 Sneak Peek

Ralph McQuarrie figure in each of the first eight waves, and cards will feature Ralph McQuarrie's signature. Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper will feature a refreshed deco will be the first out of the gate.

Galactic Marines, Mustafar Lava Miner, Airborne Trooper for 2007!

Dark Horse Comics Reprints w/ Figure Two-Packs will feature a reprint of a classic Dark Horse/Marvel comic book, and packs will sport two figures based on their appearance in the comics. The first set will be Darth Vader and a Rebel Fleet Trooper; the second set will feature Grand Moff Tarkin and an Imperial Stormtrooper; and a third set will feature Han Solo and his first mate Chewbacca.

Photos on the way. More to come...
    This all sounds pretty damn sweet. The Commando pack looks awesome as well. I can't wait for more pics.

Fantastic Imperial set even though it seems to use Jerrjerrod's sculpt on a few of the figures. New heads at least - Tagge looks great as does Bast. And I was never even aware of a guy called Cass. Its always nice to be taken by surprise like that. It gives hope that other obscure characters you do know about will be made. Yularen will bring greater diversity to the officer ranks and he has a good head sculpt too by the looks of it.

Small downers which won't stop me buying possibly 2 of this set:

The Tarkin head is a simple repaint of the ROTS figure - IMO that doesn't quite cut it as Peter Cushing. It did a good job of replicating a guy in a freaky lookalike mask but not of the ANH Tarkin.

No articulated knees

No cap for Chief Bast by the looks of it. Did he not wear a cap in this scene? Even if not it would be nice to have one as he does wear a cap in other scenes.

we finally are getting storm trooper han solo.there is so much coming out and i am going to have to be really selective. i ordered one of those jabba's from sideshow toys. could not resist. it's the best. i know hasbro still has some suprises up there sleeves for us.

I am loving the conference brief room set thingy. Oh man, I love being a SW fan right now.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The new figures all look pretty sweet, especially the Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, Kashyyyk Clone, and Stormtrooper Han. I don't hate the cards as much as before. Some of the "new" figures in the Tin sets are nice, and I can't wait for the Modal Nodes.

In the basic figure part of the slideshow, who is 68? I read that 73 is a comic version of Aurra Sing, and that she and four other figures are Wal-mart Exclusives.

Also, more cantina repacks means more money saved by me.

Can't wait for the Imperial set.

BTW the Republic Commando set is bit cheaper over at EE.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”