Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Your highs&lows out of this years Comic-con

Rather than start a thread on each new item as seems to be the trend at rebelscum I'd rather talk about it all in one - and thus...

The Imperial Conference room Battle-pack - in one swoop Hasbro beefs up our dioramas with 4 new Imperial characters, a previously requested rerelease of Motti, a modified ANH Tarkin and a Vader appropriate to the scene (no 500th or Emperors wrath sculpt here thank god!!).

Saesee Tinns Starfighter - OK its another jedi starfighter repaint but this looks too cool to pass up. I'll be buying this as well as Kit Fisto's. I love the Delta-7 starfighter

AAT - its a good army building vehicle and this is an absolutely fantastic paintjob. No question, I'm buying this.

Hailfire droid - actually a better paint scheme than the movie version and a cool looking PT vehicle/droid. It'll be hard to pass up..so I probably won't.

Dagobah X-wing/Rogue 2 Snowspeeder/Grey large wing TIE - cool paintjobs, cool add-on value, cool pack-in figure, cool diorama-like cardboard backdrops and a release I previously missed in the large wing TIE.

the modified VOTC Chewbacca from the ESB commemorative tin. Great new head-sculpt on the best Chewie figure ever made - this one will look amazing carrying Threepio on his back in the Carbon freezing Chamber as he watches Han being lowered into the freeze pit.

a Hoth Luke kitbash - it may not be the SA one we're all expecting one day but it makes for a good post-wampa escape Luke trudging with difficulty through the snow storm. I like it.

VTSC Scout trooper with flip up visor!!!! The Endor AT-AT pack-in is immediately moot.

Also another endor Rebel with a superb new head sculpt on the old but still pretty good POTF2 body - more diversity to the rebel ranks.

What looks like a kind of kitbash Ewok Celebration Leia - but she looks like she's smaller than the old one which is good and the soft-goods look very well realised.

The Cantina Band!!! No one thought these would see release again and I'm thankful that they have since I have NO Bith figures at all - I even missed the one from Jabba's palace.

R5-A1 - an R5 repaint already and not a moment too soon either. I love black astromechs.

Holographic Cody - it looks like its been pulled off nicely although I don't even have the non-holographic version.

the new paintjob on Nabrun Leids Cantina Alien

Baccara's Clone legion - not a fan of clones but even I must admit to liking the look of this one

Utapuan airborne trooper - for completism sake its good they've come out with this even if I'm not in love with the helmet design.

What appears to be a Han in Stormtrooper disguise using the VOTC sculpt. Just not sure what I'm looking at in terms of the red markings on the helmet or the semi-blue effect on the armour - is that real? If so what a shame that we finally get a decent Han Stormtrooper after almost 30 years and its given some wierd inappropriate paintjob. Surely not.

The low was the Yarna joke.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

T'was a vicious strike below the beltline alright. What were they thinking.

High point - hearing that Hasbro declared 10 figures from the Fan's Choice poll are being made for next year. With any luck, those rolls will see the light of day yet, KH.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Thats a good sign but I bet they're all EU figures about which I generally care less.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    High point - hearing that Hasbro declared 10 figures from the Fan's Choice poll are being made for next year. With any luck, those rolls will see the light of day yet, KH.

I wanna see rolls like a bakery damn it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Highlight Imperials. Low point Yarna "joke".

Hope they paint Kitik green this time.

I'd still like to hear what they said at the Q&A and what the reaction in the room was to the Yarna announcement and the reveal that it was a joke.

So is the punchline of the Yarna "joke" that they aren't listening and couldn't care less?

Probably

Highs: Seeing great stuff like the Kashyyk and Mygeeto clones, Airborne Trooper, Lava Miner, the Imperial Officers (new Tarkin and Tagge)
    Lows: Yarna joke, kitbashed Padme, finding out the Imperial Meeting pack is a Diamond Exclusive, and all those f***ing EU clone and battle droid repaints! (major boo to the first and last ones)
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]