Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Now they're just gettin' stupid...

...it's quite obvious they've found a new f-ing gimmick.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It doesn't bother me. I think you're over thinking it.
    plasticfetish.net

I take it you're referring to the fact that everyone with a helmet off looks the same now?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I blame the slew of people wanting removable helmets on every figure. They had to put some face there. It's getting to be that we want so many removable and softgoods items that we might as well be playing dress-up with Barbie.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

The irony is that Mark Hamill is listed on imdb.com as being 5' 9" and yet he was "short for a stormtrooper" but Morrison's listing is 5' 7".

I don't see anything wrong with wanting removeable helmets as it adds a better proportion to the helmet compared to the body but only Hasbro is to blame for pushing the Jango clone issue on Imperial troops.

Personally I see it really screwed up they're using that snowtrooper sculpt AGAIN. Which is probably just the gimmick to get people to buy that particular set since NOTHING else is different in it, and the Sandtrooper is only to reuse the retooled sculpt they had to do for the Lucas trooper.

It's hard to believe they made such interesting packs for the prequels but the OT ones are horrible, the only worthwhile one is the ROTJ one becaused of the SA Biker Scout with lift-up visor and different Endor Rebel trooper. Wish they hadn't used the POTF2 body though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack
    I take it you're referring to the fact that everyone with a helmet off looks the same now?
    Yeah, he is... Slicker is talking about how Hasbro is putting a Jango Fett head on a lot of figures. It's a good point, they can (and often do) take a fun idea too far, but it's also a little bit much I think to nit-pick the idea, and to over think the whole "clone" timeline thing.

I think it's cool that they're doing removable helmets on a variety of characters. I think it's kind of cool that they push the Jango clone idea bit... sure maybe too far, but I'm not going to let that be why I do or don't like a figure. It's just not that big a deal to me.
    plasticfetish.net

I agree with slicker - it's lame for OT troops...

Quote Originally Posted by pegger
    I agree with slicker - it's lame for OT troops...

Chalk me up for agreeance as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Most of their booth was lame (repaints, Jango head, all the extended figures which we won't be getting) except for the Imperial Officers set. The Officers set is something that I'll be getting for sure, other than that I'll pray we receive some of those extended figures & pass of the tin packs as they put no real thought into them anyways. They could have at least updated Jango, Mace & Gin into better sculpts for the Ann sets. The Helmet thing is a new gimmick for sure, give you the same product with a slight little twist. Oh well, had the Snow Trooper been better articulated I may have considered buying it, but for now I'm going to save some cash for any possible new ships. (won't hold my breath)
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I think it's cool that they're doing removable helmets on a variety of characters. I think it's kind of cool that they push the Jango clone idea bit... sure maybe too far, but I'm not going to let that be why I do or don't like a figure. It's just not that big a deal to me.
    So why aren't they doing it on Boba Fett (yet)?