Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Future Price Estimates

Im sure its hard to tell but does anybody have an estimate price esculation figure for the saga figures? Will they become as sought after as the original 1977 vinatage figures? Im sure most of you know a carded skywalker fetches approx $800, 400. Can we expect the same in 20 or so years?

I seriously doubt it. The figures in 1977 weren't widely collected and kept in packaging, which is why they're rare. There are tons of the new figures being left on their cards, so it's unlikely they'll increase in price as much as the older toys.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And also the fact that tons of people actually think these will sell for big bucks later is laughable. I've got well over $10,000 invested and if I tried to sell my collection as a lump on eBay I'd be uber lucky to get $2,000. I don't plan on selling it and I don't plan it ever being worth more that I've paid for it. I have fun with it and that's what I'm about.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Good point there Slicker! Do you have a photo thread with your collection in? Be great to see what $10,000 gets you! Would any of you consider getting your saga collection AFA graded? Or is it not worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by kr2003
    Good point there Slicker! Do you have a photo thread with your collection in? Be great to see what $10,000 gets you!
    The best I could do ya for would be to take a picture of a storage garage full of boxes that contain my collection.
    Would any of you consider getting your saga collection AFA graded? Or is it not worth the money?
    If you search around you'll find a couple of threads on this. I personally think it's useless to an extent. If you have an impossible exclusive then I say maybe get it graded but most people do it because you make a hefty profit over regular figures.

These things are only gonna be worth what someones willing to pay.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah tht'd be great to see! Does your collection span 1977-2006? Sorry for going off topic on this thread. Always interesting to hear about other peoples collections!
    As far as AFA grading goes, I think its a good way of increasing the value; Ive seen some saga figures graded @ 95 AFA going for £50/$92. Im sceptical as to if it will sell? Gonna keep my eye on a few auctions to see, Ill keep the forum well posted on that one! Does anybody know of any books/magazines with guide prices in for the collection? Ive seen lots about for older figures (e.g vintage figures) but nothing for more modern figures.
    The only reason I would sell some of my collection is to purchase other more rare items; like you say Slicker no fun if its all about the $$$$

I think the only figures worth getting graded are Vintage one's and I still don't think I would do it. I have been doing this crap for so long I can grade my own cards. It does not take a rocket scientist to do so.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kr2003
    Yeah tht'd be great to see! Does your collection span 1977-2006? Sorry for going off topic on this thread. Always interesting to hear about other peoples collections!
    I've got a paltry vintage collection (7 measily carded figures) but I've got nearly everything from POTF2 on plus magazines, displays, you name it.

Does anybody know of any books/magazines with guide prices in for the collection? Ive seen lots about for older figures (e.g vintage figures) but nothing for more modern figures.
    I used to look in Toyfare for that but I haven't gotten an issue in so long that I doubt they do it anymore. The vast amount of collectibles would take up too much room in the price guide. I also think Wizard did it too. There are a couple of more that I know for a fact have price guides covering everything but I can't think of them right now.

Crap in a hat. The one that I was tryin' to think of is Lee's.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The best I could do ya for would be to take a picture of a storage garage full of boxes that contain my collection.
    Ha, I hear ya Slicker. I just moved out another 6 tubs worth of stuff to my storage unit. If I don't get pics of that, then I could take pics of my spreadsheets....heh heh.

I've got maybe 8 tubs left in the house. Once those are cataloged, that's it. Then it's just whatever the most recent buys are.
    Move along, move along

My collections ranges from 1977 up until present times. I do have some photos in this thread here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...d.php?t=31654&

I have a Vintage Ewok Village and Jabbas palace pics in there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten