Yoda at the shrine.

I didn't know quite where to post this, but I guess it doesn't matter.
    Did anyone else know that the word dagobah is a syn. for holy place/shrine, etc? Is this common knowledge that I should have know?
    Your signature here!

[FONT=century gothic]You mean you didn't know? [/FONT]

You should hang your head in shame for not knowing! I didn't know either or just didn;t care
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I didn't know,but thanks for the info.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Bel Cam Jos has done extensive research into the etymilogical origins of EVERYTHING in the Sw galaxy. If you head back into the old forums and hunt down his threads (he had a couple or three about the subject) you can find out the origins of everything from Tatooine to Wampa. It's fairly enlightening reading, but you have to plow through everybody else's comments to get to the interesting stuff.

That is interesting. I never knew that. Perhaps I'll take a look at the Old Forums.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Re: Yoda at the shrine.

Originally posted by THE Slayer
    I didn't know quite where to post this, but I guess it doesn't matter.
    Did anyone else know that the word dagobah is a syn. for holy place/shrine, etc? Is this common knowledge that I should have know?
    I what language? English?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Apparently english. There was another column for other languages. But I could be wrong.
    Your signature here!

Arrow

And heeeeeeere it is! (Or not)

I'm online at school, and this terminal isn't responding well. I shall try to do better at a later time. And YES, I'll delete this post so I don't get accused of post padding!)

Well, if this works, I can keep this post. Yippee! Fingers crossed...
    To All You Linguists Out There! Enjoy!

I heard someone in a geography class I took a couple years ago mention "dagoba" (dagg-OH-buh) as a Hindu term (or Sri Lanka), but I never found out the meaning.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 01-29-2002 at 10:32 PM.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Thumbs up Back in business again!

Well, I'll look for the extension thread in the New Forums and put that link here, if I remember where it's at (Classic Trilogy will be my first guess). New SSG Forums Research Thread (Tah da! You ask [or don't even ask], I deliver!) But...

DAGOBA: receptacle of sacred relics or ashes in a Buddhist stupa (monument, temple). From Sanskrit dhatu-garbha or relic-receptacle.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 01-30-2002 at 06:19 PM.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."