Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sideshow Bib Fortuna Priority Pre-order!

Just got the e-mail from Sideshow. Priority Pre-order on July 28th. Looks like they are going back to the Exclusive instead of Inclusive for Bib.

Yeah I received the same email. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get mine since I'll be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    Looks like they are going back to the Exclusive instead of Inclusive for Bib.
    A smart decision on the part of Sideshow if you ask me. Bib is an obscure character of marginal popularity and as such doesn't warrant being in the Inclusive program.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy

A smart decision on the part of Sideshow if you ask me. Bib is an obscure character of marginal popularity and as such doesn't warrant being in the Inclusive program.
    Which might mean that there won't be a big production run.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    Which might mean that there won't be a big production run.
    Which really isn't any different than the pre-Maul figures. Honestly, I'm surprised that Jabba was an Inclusive Edition. It makes sense when you think about it, but my initial impression was "Nah...not popular enough"

Still, the exclusive accessories for both Bib and Leia Boushh aren't exactly going to set the world on fire. Bib has his Kenner tribute staff (not in the movie but added by Kenner Toys to the vintage figues to increase playability), and Leia Boushh has a blaster (woo-hoo )
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

If you plan on ordering, please do through THIS LINK or by clicking on one of the banners for it. They will go fast!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I had about 10 minutes of busy server trials & tribs...but not bad overall. I'm not blown away by this exclusive access. though.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    If you plan on ordering, please do through THIS LINK or by clicking on one of the banners for it. They will go fast!
    Thanks SirSteve, you were right. I did a side by side comparison of clicking on the Bib banner on SSG vs. going directly to SideShow's site and it was about 25% faster through the SSG link.

I am now well on my way to creating the ultimate Jabba's Throne Room setup.
    It may be the early bird that gets the worm,
    but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

I dont really want this figure but is it worth getting just to have?
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Well, here it is 2pm PDT and exclusive Bib is still not sold out, not even in the final 100 mark. I think SSC stumbled with this, too soon after the Jabba preorder and collectors are still healing from the big expense (it's still a shock even if they didn't PAY the money yet), plus as good as Bib looks I don't see why he's $55 when he has just 4 accessories (and it doesn't help that the exclusive accessory is kinda boring), and 2500 is too many when figures like Luke get half that many. Qui-Gon had 2000 and sold fast, but Kit had 1250 and sold slow. And there's something ineffably disinteresting about this one to me, I don't feel even remotely tempted by it, maybe the price issue has caught up fully, maybe I'm not willing to pay $60 for a non-major character. I notice though that the buzz around this figure is nearly nil.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Well, here it is 2pm PDT and exclusive Bib is still not sold out, not even in the final 100 mark. I think SSC stumbled with this, too soon after the Jabba preorder and collectors are still healing from the big expense (it's still a shock even if they didn't PAY the money yet), plus as good as Bib looks I don't see why he's $55 when he has just 4 accessories (and it doesn't help that the exclusive accessory is kinda boring), and 2500 is too many when figures like Luke get half that many. Qui-Gon had 2000 and sold fast, but Kit had 1250 and sold slow. And there's something ineffably disinteresting about this one to me, I don't feel even remotely tempted by it, maybe the price issue has caught up fully, maybe I'm not willing to pay $60 for a non-major character. I notice though that the buzz around this figure is nearly nil.
    PPO's been over for 3+ hours now, and Bib Exclusive is still in abundance.

Sideshow really dropped the ball on this edition size. WAY too large...considering Han Solo and Qui-Gon Jinn had editions 500 LESS than Bib. I understand they took SDCC pre-orders into account, but it would've made more sense to list the edition as TBD and then cap the edition when orders slowed down significantly.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm