Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart remodels

Has anyone else seen these remodeled stores? They look like Target but blue. I swear it is hidious. The action figure aisle here was cut by 75%. It is about as big as Targets aisle. Way to shoot your self in the foot there Walton family.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Didn't you know??? WM shot itself about 2 years agon in the foot. Now its just a matter of time till it dies!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Are there still palettes of merchandise blocking the isles, shrieking employees yelling over the PA every 10 seconds, does it still smell like stale french fries, and are the checkout lines still a mile long?

I hope it hasn't changed too much, I might not want to shop there anymore.
    plasticfetish.net

The thing that upsets me, is in Chicago the starting wages for employees working at big box stores will be $10 an hour, and I make barely over that after 2+ years of busting my hump. Chicago passed an ordinance making it so. Article below. BTW, the Wal-Mart closest to me just painted there store a sandy brown color.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...x_x.htm?csp=34
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

hmmm...well the WM we l.a. collectors refer to as the Third World Country WM is being remodeled. i'm not sure to what extent but maybe it'll look like what KH described. and that would be a definite improvement over the current store.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Are there still palettes of merchandise blocking the isles, shrieking employees yelling over the PA every 10 seconds, does it still smell like stale french fries, and are the checkout lines still a mile long?

I hope it hasn't changed too much, I might not want to shop there anymore.
    LMAO!!!

So I guess that's standard operating procedure for all Wal-Marts then, eh??
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

it doesn't matter what WM does, by "rolling back" prices they attract the lowest form of customer. they built a brand new store along colfax in denver recently. now barely a year later they're building a new one nearly next door cause the first one has been so severely thrashed. many of the WM here have recently been remodeled to include faux wood flooring, which looks horrible.

They can build a new Wal-Mart in an affluent area. However, it will attract rednecks--even if it's in Beverly Hills and you have to have won an Oscar to be granted entry, it will somehow attract the rednecks. And it will look like poo in two months time. It's just the way WM rolls.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    The thing that upsets me, is in Chicago the starting wages for employees working at big box stores will be $10 an hour, and I make barely over that after 2+ years of busting my hump. Chicago passed an ordinance making it so. Article below. BTW, the Wal-Mart closest to me just painted there store a sandy brown color.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...x_x.htm?csp=34
    [IMPERSONATION=NuteGunray]My Lord? Is it legal?[/IMPERSONATION]

Seriously, how legal is that? I wonder if it would stand up to a court challenge?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    [IMPERSONATION=NuteGunray]My Lord? Is it legal?[/IMPERSONATION]

Seriously, how legal is that? I wonder if it would stand up to a court challenge?
    Quote Originally Posted by The article BF posted
    It would only apply to companies with more than $1 billion in annual sales and stores of at least 90,000 square feet.
    How much do you wanna bet that we start seeing more and more 89,999 sq. ft. WM stores?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!