Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Definition of "Snarky"

Like Oh My God, this is SssooooooooOOOh SNARKY!

I don't know where I heard this word, but I've been wondering about it for several days now. So I looked it up and I'm about to share with you all:

SNARKY:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Snarkiness)
    Jump to: navigation, search

Snark refers to a belittling style of speech or writing. It could loosely be described as irritable or "snidely derisive"; hence, 'snarkish', 'snarky', 'to snark at somebody'. (The Urban Dictionary refers to it as a contraction of "snide remark".)

This word has Germanic origins and is etymologically unrelated to the imaginary creature in Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark.

Snark is also often used in fandom to describe a character's/writer's comment, action, way of acting/ writing style.

Example:

Jane: That comment made by Sydney Bristow was snarky!
    Jimmy: Thank god for J.J. Abram's writing genius.
    The adjective "snarky" derived from snark was used often on the short-lived 2004 Fox series, Wonderfalls.

My how Snarky is that?

Thank you. This post has been brought to you by Tycho, the new Snarkssterr.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT is the only person I've ever heard use this term (from what I can recall).

There are 26 previous uses of the word "snarky" on these forums, 7 from me, the most recent of which was 6 months ago and the oldest of which was 3 years ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Snarks for the snarktastic update, JT. (Yes, I'm trying like hell to crack the "Top 10 Snark Users" list - sue me ).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

"You've been snarked!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    There are 26 previous uses of the word "snarky" on these forums, 7 from me, the most recent of which was 6 months ago and the oldest of which was 3 years ago.
    Exactly, you account for more than a quarter of the posts involving "snarky" and since I read less than 25% of the posts on these forums, well, you probably accounted for 100% of the uses I HAVE read.

The realization that we're all trying to immitate JediTricks just hit me...

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Were the Snorks snarky?

Was Snarf snarky?

Is Sparky Anderson snarky?

Anyone ever see that film with Burt Reynolds... Snarky's Machine?
    plasticfetish.net

land snark!!!

that Reefer Snark is one cool dude