Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Stevie Wonder doing "Superstition" on Sesame Street

First off, this song kicks monster ***, but Funk generally does so it's not that surprsing

There's a glitch in the video about 2:15 in, it's a 2-second break. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSC29xl6hno

This was from 1972, the same year the song was released, Stevie Wonder also performed it that year on Soul Train. They really jam with it on Sesame Street, running it nearly double the song's original length, kinda hard to believe they'd put it on Sesame Street, but it's not an inappropriate song in terms of lyrical content, so why not?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh man, that made the hair on my arms stand up. Superstition live can't be beat, as Stevie's clavinet "bass" line is usually all over the place.

Talking Book, Innervisions, and Songs in the Key of Life are must haves for any serious record collection.

That was awesome, JT. Thanks!

When Stevie Wonder dies (hopefully no time soon), Jesus will ask him to duet with Stevie Ray Vaughan on that tune, and it shall be the greatest sound ever heard in the cosmos.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    When Stevie Wonder dies (hopefully no time soon), Jesus will ask him to duet with Stevie Ray Vaughan on that tune, and it shall be the greatest sound ever heard in the cosmos.
    I'm one of those cynical, soul-less, atheist types, but I'd consider going to church on Sundays if it meant getting a front row seat to that show.

Very cool !

(even though I think Stevie Wonder fans are like PT fans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    (even though I think Stevie Wonder fans are like PT fans.)
    Very sneaky, I missed that the first time. And yes, we are, so please bear with us. We're a thick-headed bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder
    No, Cookie Monster!
    In the middle of the song he says that . . . . classic!

I've always has issues with this song. Becasue it starts out . . "Superstitious, writing on the wall. Superstitious, letter about to fall."

So how does Stevie know that??? How can he SEE the writing on the wall??? And how does he know the letter about to fall???

I always chuckle when I hear the begining of this song . . he he he . . . .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

The "ladder" is about to fall, not the "letter". And the "writing's on the wall" is metaphorical.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    First off, this song kicks monster ***, but Funk generally does so it's not that surprsing
    True dat!
    There's a glitch in the video about 2:15 in, it's a 2-second break. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSC29xl6hno
    The glitch is even worse now since you can't even watch the performance.

Guess I should've checked that before bumping.

I really wish that YouTube would only remove videos that infringe upon copyrights of works older than five years if the rightful copyright holder would make them available. Corporate YouTube is no fun.
    Tommy, close your eyes.